Renting in perth ! !

Guest Carters09

Guest Carters09

:rolleyes: HI guys the Carters again...

Can anyone help us with Wot the rental price for decent cheap area,s or good places too rent are! ! ! Or maybe any links too real estates....

We'l be a family of 4 when we do eventually go and wanna know wot to expect..... I'm sure someone can come to the rescue again

Thanks ..... Carters x x

Guest chatty66

hello carters... we have been renting in clarkson..northern subs for about 8 months.. we pay 350 per week..for a 3x2 new home.. here you can expect to pay anything from that to $500 per week... no such thing as cheap rents...sorry..!

Hello Carters,

All depends on what sort of life you want really? Do you want to be near the city? Near the beach 20mins out of the city? newish house, old house etc etc.

We have only been here since the end of December so i can tell you how i have found it so far. Im sure there are people out there that have alot more knowledge that me about this.

We live in the city and we love it, it's not too busy and just perfect for our lifestyle and work. But we don't have any children. The City as most Cities is a little expensive. But there are places two mins out from the city which are good areas but still a little expensive. Like Como is a nice area near the city.

If you go 20mins north of the city you have some beautiful homes/areas that can be resonable and also near the sea. There is a road called Marmion Ave and on the coastal side of Marion Ave you have areas such as Quinns Rocks and Mindarie these are fantastic areas so the prices are a little higher than if you are on the otherside of Marmion Ave. The other side you have areas such as Clarkson, Kinross, Butler and Merriwa these are also nice areas but being just the otherside of the road the prices are so much lower. These areas are all new estates. I am also lead to believe that is where alot of the British people reside.

So i think you see what i mean when i say all depends on what kind of thing you are looking for?

I haven't been South of Perth much as i prefer the north side.

I think the main website here for properties is Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au.

I hope this helps.

Hannah

Guest guest17301

I have found for a nice 4x2 in a reasonable area you need to look at around $450 a week, you can get a 3x2 in a good area for less than $400. I am talking about areas 15-20 mins north of Perth and reasonably close to the coast 5-10 mins. Any closer to the city and you are looking at apartments and duplex for that kind of money.

Nice big houses, very different from in the UK.

Guest plumbobs

Hi we have a lovely 4x2 in secret harbour 2 years old and we pay $380 per week great location, close to school and shops and 5 minute drive to the beach

sue

I have found for a nice 4x2 in a reasonable area you need to look at around $450 a week, you can get a 3x2 in a good area for less than $400. I am talking about areas 15-20 mins north of Perth and reasonably close to the coast 5-10 mins. Any closer to the city and you are looking at apartments and duplex for that kind of money.

Nice big houses, very different from in the UK.

2 minutes and talking boolox connolly 4x3 with pool 380 when youve been here a bit extra 10 minutes will loads you are still in holic=day mode trains ok rph nice walk wait till winter and the mini monsoons enjoy . Been here 2 weeks and know everything nice closer to the city you will be further from the station eg Whitfords station freeparking after 630 forget it pay parking after 800 nochance been there got the tee shirt

MALLY

NOT IN HOLIDAY MODE

Hi

Try looking at this site reiwa.com it's very useful and also has a page on all the suburbs with average house prices (buying) which gives you indications to the cheaper areas. It also has a rental section with every suburb.

realestate.com give you email updates as I see it the rents are droppin for what you are after

hi guys ..after nearly 2 years of trawling the real estate sites ...and being over there and seeing for myself ..i have found that if the rental prices around the perth area ...north or south are less than $400 / week ..then there is usually a good reason ...unless you actually go over there and check out all the suburbs ..you may be disappointed when you get there ....the further south / or north you go ...the prices become cheaper and i have seen some recently in the suburbs of mandurah for $300 / week ...which is about the average for that area ...jsut have to find one now lol

mrs keily

Guest TheArmChairDetective
2 minutes and talking boolox connolly 4x3 with pool 380 when youve been here a bit extra 10 minutes will loads you are still in holic=day mode trains ok rph nice walk wait till winter and the mini monsoons enjoy . Been here 2 weeks and know everything nice closer to the city you will be further from the station eg Whitfords station freeparking after 630 forget it pay parking after 800 nochance been there got the tee shirt

MALLY

NOT IN HOLIDAY MODE

My universal translator must have packed up as I don't understand a word of this post !

Pmsl me neither - Klingon and Ferengi no problem - but this is a new language entirely!

Its called been out had a good nite ,beer goggles on , time difference some people cant comprehend , I have noticed posts from the uk in the similar vein early mornin WA time

Mally

$295 Port Kennedy unfurnished

errr had a good look , prices round there are high for something decent as the areas are well established , a lot of the newer built areas have more rentals as investers turned to property instead of the super duper

Mally

Archived