Bushfire Fundraiser

Bordy

hiya everyone, just found this website, didnt know about PIO, always been on britvics, excellent threads and cracking to read the ideas. Sarah is trying to arrange a day-off for this sunday, so we hopefully are able to come along.. Know idea where mornington park is yet, as havent been down that way yet. Look forward to seeing other Poms in Oz and Britvic members..

Russ & Sarah

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Russ

Welcome to PIO, we are a friendly bunch just like Britvics.

Hope you can make the meet, it sounds like it will be fun.

Kate

Well so far we have now received

2 x Hampers Treats from Home http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/ (Very tempting – a mixture from Paxo, PG Tips, Vimto, Caramac, Minstrels, Branston Pickle, Jelly Babies, Murray Mints, Bisto...)

vouchers for The Art Factory http://www.theartfactory.com.au 5 x $30 gift vouchers

Family Ticket for City River Cruises http://www.cityrivercruises.com.au/ 1 hour sightseeing Cruise

2 double passes for the Carlton Brew House tour - 2 x 2 vouchers plus some free beer vouchers for anyone else who wants to go on the tour http://www.carltonbrewhouse.com.au/Brewhouse.aspx

A spa package from http://www.yoursanctuarydayspa.com.au/home in Brighton - Harmony Package (Classic Facial, Back, Neck & shoulder massage RRP $117 1.5 hours...... oohhhhh)

a bottle of Famous Grouse Scotch whisky - Thanks Bordy

a bottle or three - Thanks Missiemo

a weeks free pet boarding via Melbourne Pet Minders - Thanks Karo a voucher would be great

a slab of Jimmy Boag's - Thanks to Amanda & Simon

5 kilos of luggage space UK-Oz (nowt dodgy!) - Thanks to Amanda & Simon

One Family National Sports Museum & MCG Tour

I have bought raffle books now and we figured we'd sell them for a dollar each. If anyone can't make it on the day but wants to buy one/some please PM me and I can either give you my address or Paypal details.

Still time if anyone else wants to donate.

I think I'll be there from about 10.30 onwards.

I'm also bringing my wrapped cheesy CD – apologies in advance!

I am also nominating Mark for the footie/cricket (he's not here to argue!!) if this goes ahead as well.

Cheers everyone, looking forward to meeting you - seeing as it would look very suss if I won anything on the raffle I will be the one giving generously at the sausage sizzle (that's my excuse anyway!!).

:wink:

what time does it start? i will come down from pascoe vale so that i can put faces to names, help raise funds and hopefully get a game of fitbaw!!

looking forward to it

Hi Guys

Just done my final post on Britvics for the fundraising day in sunday,which went as such

Ok folks,here is how things stand for the Britvics/Poms in OZ bushfire fundraiser on sunday at Mornington Park. Could I ask before I go on that no one else posts on this topic,this way the following information stays as the last post for anyone to see.

Were hoping to kick thing off at 11 ish.Here's whats on .

Sausage Sizzle

I was hoping to land some freebies from the supermarkets for the sizzle,but my emails have had no response.Therefore,Wendy and I will be donating the grub for the sizzle,we will cater for about 60 sausage and bread buttys,with sauces to go.I have no real idea how many people will turn up,but just incase it goes big,feel free to bring usual park food just in case we run out at the sizzle.

Home Baking

As I type Wendy is baking up a huge batch of home made Anzac biscuits.If I can keep my hands off them every time her back is turned there might be some left for you lot e2767.gif

If anyone would like to contribute to some home baking,or even just bring a choclate cake down from Coles,go ahead.

TandV's Raffle

Its worth turning up for this alone !!!!!

The prizes -

2 x Hampers Treats from Home Home (Very tempting – a mixture from Paxo, PG Tips, Vimto, Caramac, Minstrels, Branston Pickle, Jelly Babies, Murray Mints, Bisto...)

vouchers for The Art Factory http://www.theartfactory.com.au 5 x $30 gift vouchers

Family Ticket for City River Cruises City River Cruises 1 hour sightseeing Cruise

2 double passes for the Carlton Brew House tour - 2 x 2 vouchers plus some free beer vouchers for anyone else who wants to go on the tour http://www.carltonbrewhouse.com.au/Brewhouse.aspx

A spa package from Your Sanctuary Day Spa in Brighton - Harmony Package (Classic Facial, Back, Neck & shoulder massage RRP $117 1.5 hours...... oohhhhh)a bottle of Famous Grouse Scotch whisky - Thanks Bordy

a bottle or three - Thanks Missiemo

a weeks free pet boarding via Melbourne Pet Minders - Thanks Karo a voucher would be great

a slab of Jimmy Boag's - Thanks to Amanda & Simon

5 kilos of luggage space UK-Oz (nowt dodgy!) - Thanks to Amanda & Simon

One Family National Sports Museum & MCG Tour

I would like to once again thank Vicky for her hard work on this raffle,she's easily put the most work into the funraiser on her own.And when you add in the fact that she's "In the family way" its even more amazing.Thanks Vick e2828.gif

Cheesy CD lucky dip

Your probably sick of hearing this one,but indulge me one last time.

Rake through your dark recesses of your CD collection,from Bros to that Crazy Frog album the kids insisted you got them,and bring them down,the funnier the better.

All cheesy CD's will be placed in a box,and then its $5 a time to have a lucky dip of someone elses crap.

I originaly asked for them to be wrapped,dont bother about that,I will put stickys with your name on it,so the new owners know where it came from,and you can slag them on the forum.Just a bit of fun.

Sports

This is another undeveloped activity.I will bring down a football and a cricket set,and we will see if we can get a match going,Britvics VS Poms

For the Kids

A few people have mentioned the tradtional egg n spoon race,three legged man race etc.We will bring the gubbings for both.There possibly might be face painting,still working on that one.Sorry,no bouncy castle,I'm trying to stay under the radar of Morningtonshire Council Parkys as much as possible.

General free for all

There has been numerous fund raising ideas,from a book stall to Karo's idea - bring your unwanted households that might be worth a few bob on ebay.If you can set it up yourself,gather interest ,and stick some money in a bucket in the process, go ahead.

Money collections

I will be placing buckets around the place.All I ask is you stick a gold coin,either $1 or $2 thats up to you,for the sizzle.I'm still talking to Vicky on raffle ticket prices.Same goes for any sporting or kids stuff,stick some gold coins of your choice in.

Summary

I dont need to remind you of how good this cause is.The bush fire has been simply horrific.

We all came to Victoria for a new life in the sun and a positive upbringing for our kids.Cant we give something back ?

Bottom line to make this work,we need as many people as possible.Lets say we get 30 families/couples spending $20 for a fun day.Thats $600 straight away.

Ok my fingers are falling off here.Hope to see you all on sunday,and thank you for the support and help in organising this.

Gary

Guest VandT

Hi all

Nice to meet some of you today at Mornington. There are some photos of the day now up on the Britvics site and on facebook.

Photos from Britvics | Facebook

We managed to raise just over $690 - Thanks for counting Gary and Wendy and we still have some more vouchers to draw in a week so keep your tickets - we still have the second half so don't panic though.

That means there is still time to buy some more, please PM Gary & Wendy if you couldnt make it but want a chance for the remaining vouchers

Yarra River City Cruise

5 x $30 Art Factory Vouchers

2 pairs Carlton Draught Tours

50% voucher from Slickshoots for a portrait

Spa Package voucher - over $100

Family tour of MCG and Sports Museum

A weeks free pet boarding via Melbourne Pet Minding

Still time to enter - Thanks again I really enjoyed meeting everyone and now only wish my 4, 5 or 6 lb "bump" would go to sleep so I could get some sleep - must have been all the excitment! :jiggy:

Thanks - Vicky & Mark

Hi Vicky & Mark!

Just like to say THANKS for a fantastic day! It was really nice to meet some really friendly people and despite Lils antics at the end we really did have a fab time (she was knackered bless her and slept most of the way home!) Plus the hamper is going down a treat!

Emma, Dan, Alice & Lily xx

Archived