175 to 176

KIRK AND CO

Guest lorenza

Could I please ask a question re whats involved in state sponsership. My OH is on the CSL and we applied in December 08. We know that we want to go to WA and so if we applied a 176 we would have no problems staying in that state for the designated time.

For the 176 do you have to prove your financial situation and how much you would be planning to take with you. We are renting at the moment so don't have a house to sell and to be honest wouldn't be going with a lot of money to start off with so am wondering if there would be any implications of us applying for the 176 aswell or if it would be best just to wait out the 175 which seems as though its going to be a very very long wait!.

Many Thanks

Guest sazzle76
Could I please ask a question re whats involved in state sponsership. My OH is on the CSL and we applied in December 08. We know that we want to go to WA and so if we applied a 176 we would have no problems staying in that state for the designated time.

For the 176 do you have to prove your financial situation and how much you would be planning to take with you. We are renting at the moment so don't have a house to sell and to be honest wouldn't be going with a lot of money to start off with so am wondering if there would be any implications of us applying for the 176 aswell or if it would be best just to wait out the 175 which seems as though its going to be a very very long wait!.

Many Thanks

Hi there, we are jumping on to a 176 from a 175 and getting a QLD state sponsorship. You can download the form and what is requested from

Skilled sponsored visa

click on the application form bit at the bottom. it does ask you how much yo uintend to take to support you if you cant get work in the short term, as for proving funds im unsure until my agent sends me a list of what i should forward. perhaps a copy of a savings account? we have a lot of capital in our house but then how do you prove that too? it is a mine field but if you want something bad enough....

We are in a situation where a potential couple of years wait for the 175 is just not feesable hence the switch to a 176.

good luck!

Archived