A no show

TaniaColin

Just to have a moan, we should have had a couple (first time buyers) to look at our house today at 5.30, so we have tidied round, held off from having any tea, and they didn't turn up, so now we have just ate, so by the time we have done the dishes, boys homework is done, baths its our night gone.

Its just so annoying, i hate this house selling business, i'm getting to the point where i can't be bothered anymore.

Tania X

Glad i got that off my chest, i will start kids homework now:arghh:

Guest ReadyPenny

Tania

So sorry to hear that, it's pathetic really isn't it? You think they could at least call to cancel earlier in the day, people are so inconsiderate. Next time you arrange a viewing, arrange it to suit yourself and not them, if they really want to see it they will work around you.

Good luck next time and keep your chin up hun!

Mandy

Just to have a moan, we should have had a couple (first time buyers) to look at our house today at 5.30, so we have tidied round, held off from having any tea, and they didn't turn up, so now we have just ate, so by the time we have done the dishes, boys homework is done, baths its our night gone.

Its just so annoying, i hate this house selling business, i'm getting to the point where i can't be bothered anymore.

Tania X

How rude is that, how long would it take for them to pick up the phone, surley thats just common courtesy. Keep your chin up Tania you will sell in the end. andy:hug:

soz about that, funny thing is,we had a viewing saturday and jan hardly put any effort into selling the house at all, i took no interest....i was in sainsburys shopping. the reason? well were goin on a recce in april/may,so if we get there and mortgages are dearer,theres no work,or we just take a dislike to the place, ( doubt that though )do we want to sell up? this is our dillema,also we havent even been to oz yet.i guess all the doom and gloom,reccesion etc is making us more cautious after all,the way i look at it from our point of view is that we may as well hang on to the house untill we get a better idea of the situation out there first hand. on the bright side for yourself,it does seem the buyers are returning to the market,i hope you have some luck soon anyway.

Guest paul n kath

Tania X

You'd think they'd have the manners they were born with to ring and cancel. We had the same things years ago, they were over 1/2 hour late so we thought they weren't coming and got on with tea, only they turned up while I was cooking salmon and the cheeky cow only had the nerve to comment on how she hated the smell of salmon, then proceeded to got thro the cupboards and fridge, she's lucky she wasn't wearing it.

agree with the others book the next one for a tim that suits you if their interested they will be there.

Good luck

Kath xs

Guest jewels1356

we have given up selling gone for the renting opions took 2 days morgage covered estate agence covered and a bit in case

worth thinking about

julie

xx

You'd think they'd have the manners they were born with to ring and cancel. We had the same things years ago, they were over 1/2 hour late so we thought they weren't coming and got on with tea, only they turned up while I was cooking salmon and the cheeky cow only had the nerve to comment on how she hated the smell of salmon, then proceeded to got thro the cupboards and fridge, she's lucky she wasn't wearing it.

agree with the others book the next one for a tim that suits you if their interested they will be there.

Good luck

Kath xs

Hey Kath, did the cheeky cow buy it:biglaugh:andy

Good luck

Kath xs

Sorry, but it did make me smile, my husband would of said something to her, i sometimes cringe cause he isn't abit bothered what he says, i'm more tactful. I can't believe she looked through your cupboards and fridge though what a cheek

Tania X

Guest paul n kath
Hey Kath, did the cheeky cow buy it:biglaugh:andy

Na, would have left her some salmon ( behind the radiator) if she had, lol:biglaugh:

Guest paul n kath
Sorry, but it did make me smile, my husband would of said something to her, i sometimes cringe cause he isn't abit bothered what he says, i'm more tactful. I can't believe she looked through your cupboards and fridge though what a cheek

Tania X

It's the other way around here, Paul is the quite one and me, well shall we say, don't normally stand for it, I think i was that shocked when they turned up, mom, dad, hubby, brother, sister, herself and the kids....... may I say we lived in Sparkhill birmingham at the time. They even wanted to know what furniture etc we we're leaving!!!!!!

That was 9 years ago, think I did tell them to leave in the end.:arghh:

Guest WARDStoOZ

So sorry to hear that Tania, I can't believe some people, I know it's difficult but try your best to keep your chin up,

Kath you make me laugh lol

Dan xx

Guest paul n kath
So sorry to hear that Tania, I can't believe some people, I know it's difficult but try your best to keep your chin up,

Kath you make me laugh lol

Dan xx

Makes me giggle now but at time we were waiting to sell to go to florida.

Just reminded paul and he's in stitches :laugh:

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Tania,

You must be feeling pretty angry right now. Why do people do that, build your hopes up and then don't even show, it must be such a horrible feeling, and I bet you have not stopped all day, hopefully someone else will come along soon.

We put our house on the market in November and we have not even had a single viewing yet, it's a horrible feeling, especially as we have completely renovated it and it's practiacally classed a new build on the inside, walk in condition, but this does not make any difference in this current climate:arghh:, so sorry I have had a moan with you.

Good luck, and keeping fingers crossed for you.

Take care.

Andi.xx

Guest paul n kath
Can i be cheeky and ask what you were doing in Florida???

Tania X

we dicided to do a once in a life time thing and sell the house and go live in florida for 12 months, don't regret it, totally enjoyed it and would definatly go back if we hadn't decided on Oz.

we dicided to do a once in a life time thing and sell the house and go live in florida for 12 months, don't regret it, totally enjoyed it and would definatly go back if we hadn't decided on Oz.

We would have loved to go to the states but it is so difficult to get in, thats what we were told when we first thought about emigrating somewhere

Tania X

Guest paul n kath
We would have loved to go to the states but it is so difficult to get in, thats what we were told when we first thought about emigrating somewhere

Tania X

we were abit naughty, we only had jake 4yrs at the time, so did 3 months there 1 month here 3 months there and so forth, had decided to stay and would have been illegal immgrents and my bottle went so we did 3 monts in oz then settle back her and felt out of place since, so here we are again, off on our travels, this time down the legal route, but never the less we had a blast.

Did speak to a couple on friday at handworth wood, they are waiting to go to canada, 3 years on and they finally requeted medicals !!!!!!!, mind you have heard it's 5 yrs.

loved florida but don't think it's a place I would end my days in tho. xs

tania , we cleaned every time and it got us no where, i used take the dog out and the daughter and do the viewings etc , when we had our buyer for the last house they turned up am we had afternoon the agents got the times wrong , you guesed it the house was a bomb and guess what thay were the ones ! maybe it looked lived in ! also had some right muppets with totally weird views kids jumping on sofas swinging off curtains , one couple came and their kids were so bad she actually told me they were not moving just wanted to see the house !! WHAT... i went bananas was pregnant at the time been work all day and cleaned for that! you have my symphathy , x

Guest paul n kath
tania , we cleaned every time and it got us no where, i used take the dog out and the daughter and do the viewings etc , when we had our buyer for the last house they turned up am we had afternoon the agents got the times wrong , you guesed it the house was a bomb and guess what thay were the ones ! maybe it looked lived in ! also had some right muppets with totally weird views kids jumping on sofas swinging off curtains , one couple came and their kids were so bad she actually told me they were not moving just wanted to see the house !! WHAT... i went bananas was pregnant at the time been work all day and cleaned for that! you have my symphathy , x

I think sometimes people just want to see it as it is, believe me, I clean peoples houses for a living and I complain to my oh daily about the house being a mess saying I would love my house to be as messy as the peoples I clean, until he reminded me that I go gut theirs once a week...... penny drops. occupational hazzard I notice mess/untidiness/dirt, but apperciated they have as much time to clean theirs as I do mine.

Does that make sense?

Archived