Thoughts on Redcliffe

Guest gemmae

Guest dpm31567

hi we have a home in redcliffe and some of the outlaws live there

i really like it is close enough to the city but on the water over the last few years there has been a spurge on rejuvenating the area and on the water front

the man made lagoon is cool on suttons front ,nice bars and paces to eat

shoppings ok with kippa ring, house prices are reasonable still but i think once they finish the new bridge onto the peninsula and extend the train line this will push prices

plenty of kindi,s and schools moreton island a short ferry ride from scarborough which i think is a great area has a nice harbour great fish n chippy but a bit dearer but as a rule if you look on google earth at the peninsula anything east of oxley is an area a bit more sought after hence dearer

my sister in law just moved outa bris to redcliffe area with two young children purely for a better enviroment they both work in the city and its about a 30 to 40 min drive so not a hardship i find the locals friendly but it has helped with family already there

personally i have lived in cities in the uk an overseas but find a town close to the city but living closer to the beach ideal perhaps if i was still into the bar a club scene we would move into bris for a few years first but as we have friends in the city theres no shortage of a weekend spare room going so get the best of both worlds

Guest kirstig123

Hi, One of my friends moved there 2 years ago from UK - she loves it. She has a lovely house on the canal / waterways. Kids have settled in and she has loads of new aussie and brit friends. It sounds fab.

Guest Cane Family

Hi,

We stayed in Redcliffe in a rented holiday home last year (May), It was close to the sea, ideal for the kids. We are looking to move just north of there to Burpengary / Narangba area's

Regards

Hi;

There is one huge advantage to Redcliffe in summer - cool afternoon breezes!

When we first moved to Brisbane and were overheating in 30+ degrees I would take the kids to Redcliffe in the arvo (afternoon) to cool down.

While we were over in March last year we had a brilliant day in Redcliffe. The play parks fo kids are really, really good. My eleven year old loved it and was invited to play some complicated tag game with another family. We sat looking out to sea and there was a rainbow. I've never seen one at sea before it was stunning. It really is a lovely place. Lots of recent renovation I noticed.

Deb

Hi;

There is one huge advantage to Redcliffe in summer - cool afternoon breezes!

When we first moved to Brisbane and were overheating in 30+ degrees I would take the kids to Redcliffe in the arvo (afternoon) to cool down.

While we were over in March last year we had a brilliant day in Redcliffe. The play parks fo kids are really, really good. My eleven year old loved it and was invited to play some complicated tag game with another family. We sat looking out to sea and there was a rainbow. I've never seen one at sea before it was stunning. It really is a lovely place. Lots of recent renovation I noticed.

Deb

agree about the sea breeze, we never use our A/C

Guest Mikekat

We have only been in Redcliife since the 10th of January. We absolutely love it here. Took us a little bit longer than we planned to get a rental, but now were are happily at home 300m from the waters edge. We have settled already, children have started school and signed on to local sports team, Mike travels to Sandgate and catches train to city, and the local shopping centre serves all our needs.

Sunshine coast not too far away for bigger surf. But the beach and lagoon here are lovely, and ideal for kids of all ages. The cafes and restaurants on the front are great, especially when sitting outside to catch the fresh breeze, in the hot weather.

Everybody has been friendly and helpful, and we are so glad we researched this area and that it turned out to be better than we expected.

Mike and Kat

Guest happyhouse

Hello everyone

I actually grew up in Redcliffe so have a bit of an insight - good and bad. We're moving back in August with the hope of finding somewhere in Scarborough near the water. (partner and daugther are Scottish). It so nice to hear of such positive experiences of newbies to Redcliffe - it has fond memories for me!

happyhouse

1xOzzie, 2xScots

Guest sharonk701

Hi, we have been in Redcliffe for nearly 3 months now and it is fab, a wonderful place for families! We have been made to feel very welcome and everyone has been very helpful. We have recently moved just outside of Redcliffe to Kippa Ring again a really nice place near to my boys school (Southern Cross Catholic College). My boys aged 5 and 9 have settled in straight away loving every minute of school! There is so much to do everything is so accessable, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, the city and there is some beautiful scenery. Having said all that my boys still want to go to the lagoon every possible chance!!!

Guest mandypete

We are hopefully heading out to the redcliffe area in April, our little boy is also 5, it would b great 2 meet up with someone with kids of similar ages... We have been researching local schools and havent fully decided where we would like to send hime yet... I am catholic although i have never had my son baptised, hope you dont mind me asking but did you need to provide proof of your boys religion to enrol them at catholic school?

Thanks

Mandy(26) Pete(25) Jack(5)

Guest sharonk701

Hi Mandy, yes we did have to prove they had been baptised, not sure if it will stop you being able to get your son into the school though, if you inform them that you are willing to do it here then cant see the problem. Might be worth getting in touch with one of the campus's Kippa Ring is a great school, try David Stewart he is the Principal and he's a really nice guy, very helpful! There is a school next door which is a state school and I havent heard anything bad about that its called Hercules Road! When we got here it was the most important thing to sort out (for me more than the kids!) but being here now there are some really good school in the area so you wont have much of a problem.

Hi, we have been in Redcliffe for nearly 3 months now and it is fab, a wonderful place for families! We have been made to feel very welcome and everyone has been very helpful. We have recently moved just outside of Redcliffe to Kippa Ring again a really nice place near to my boys school (Southern Cross Catholic College). My boys aged 5 and 9 have settled in straight away loving every minute of school! There is so much to do everything is so accessable, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, the city and there is some beautiful scenery. Having said all that my boys still want to go to the lagoon every possible chance!!!

Looks like the lagoon is closed for awhile due to filtration problems

Gutted read it in the paper yesterday! Thats the free weekend activities out the window then!!!

it has a lot to do with its name "piddlers paradise" the only safe time to enjoy it is of a morning during the week, I have seen people of a weekend and yes of a certain race allow their children in there with nappies with poo dropping out. I am not in one way being raciest but it is one particular group, and if you keep your eyes open on a weekend you will see. Also we can,t swim in the sea due to stingers

Guest sharonk701

hmmm, noticed over the past few weeks when it has been really busy how yucky its got! Thanks for that may stay away for a while although its a shame I wont go in the sea anyway dont like sea creatures very much!!!! Dolphins swimming pool here we come!

Guest Polegate

We are coming to Brisbane for a holiday in two weeks time and wondered if anyone had stayed at the Pale Pacific Holiday Units in Margate/Redcliffe. Would you recommend it? Maybe there is somewhere else you would recommend in Redcliffe?

Thanks Jackie

Guest sharonk701

Hi, I havent stayed in those appartments, but Sutton Beach is lovely! When we first arrived in Redcliffe we stayed at La Vida Apartments, Anzac Ave, Redcliffe. It is expensive but really nice! Sorry not much help, if I get the chance I will have a quick look for you. Sharon

Guest Polegate

Thank you Sharon that's very kind of you. We also stayed in La Vida last year for a week and agree it was quite expensive but enjoyable. We liked Redcliffe very much.

Does Redcliffe have any new housing estates that you know of? When we were there they were working on the new shopping mall and understand that is up and running now.

We just loved walking along the front where all the shops and restaurants are then taking a walk along the sea front. Redcliffe certainly has alot going for it.

Thanks again, Jackie

Thank you Sharon that's very kind of you. We also stayed in La Vida last year for a week and agree it was quite expensive but enjoyable. We liked Redcliffe very much.

Does Redcliffe have any new housing estates that you know of? When we were there they were working on the new shopping mall and understand that is up and running now.

We just loved walking along the front where all the shops and restaurants are then taking a walk along the sea front. Redcliffe certainly has alot going for it.

Thanks again, Jackie

Their is a holiday village at Scarbourgh harbour, you could check that out.

Guest sharonk701

Its no problem always around that area anyway! No new estates I'm afraid there is one in Kippa Ring but its really expensive, theres houses still springing up at Rothwell that are reasonable! Think the pennisula has run out of space for new houses!! I will get back to you when I've had a quick nose!

it has a lot to do with its name "piddlers paradise" the only safe time to enjoy it is of a morning during the week, I have seen people of a weekend and yes of a certain race allow their children in there with nappies with poo dropping out. I am not in one way being raciest but it is one particular group, and if you keep your eyes open on a weekend you will see. Also we can,t swim in the sea due to stingers

really??:shocked:

I'm intrigued. Do sea cucumbers sting?

Archived