Certification of doc's

Guest Andrew&Karen

Guest Andrew&Karen

Hello all, just a bit good of news when we are all spending like mad to make our dreams happen.

A solicitor we have seen this week has said that they are willing to certify any docs we need for our skills Assessment/Visa, for free if we use them to sell our house when we move. I had seen on one website (can't remember which) that this has happened to others so I thought I would mention it to them and it has saved us a few quid. The price for selling is no different to any other solicitor in the area but the are willing to provide all certified docs for free. We have had to get 30 pieces of info certified for a skills assessment which will go off this week and had one quote of £5 each (£150!!). We can pop in anytime with anything extra as and when we need it. All we have had to do is to open a file with them for as and when we sell, even though it could be a fair few months.

If anyone is in the same position, then ask them if they are prepared to do the same as it could save a few pounds. If you dont ask, you don't get. Might save yourself a few pounds.

Regards

Karen

In NSW, Justices of the Peace certify documents without a charge, and there's almost always a JP in a local police station.

My understanding is that this may also be the case in some parts of the UK. Ring your local police station and ask if a resident JP is on duty, and ask if there's a charge for certifying documents that way. You may find the JP will do this for a very token fee or next to nothing.

Peter

Hi, You will also find jps here in the local chemist,post office and several other shops and they are not allowed to charge. (as i got some stat decs done here)

My dad used to be a conveyancer and a comissioner for oaths and he always said that in the uk can have to charge a minimal amount which is in line with rules and regs that are set out and that solcitors do charge vast amounts and tend to rip folk off

Guest Andrew&Karen

Have found out that most solicitors in our little town in Norfolk charge quite alot for doc's to be certified (i.e. £150 pounds). Got the feeling that there is always a charge for anything in the U.K. Unfortunately can't get out there without our doc's being certified from the u.k. Going to send them off this week, 2 down, (STNI, Skills Assessment) 2 to go (VIT and Visa) .

Karen

Guest Andrew&Karen

We have lived in Reepham, Swanton Morley, Dereham, Old Catton (Norwich) and Attleborough. Our Daughter goes to Norwich High School for Girls and we are looking for a place in Geelong. It is not the same place as it was, you can e-mail us on astrix@fsmail.net for all the latest info on the place.

Archived