Getting bond back once you've left country?

Georgie

Guest guest12791
Thank you for your lovely reply and there is no more to be said apart from "you boring little man" Go and bully someone else. BTW you dont know me or my true colours but you certainly seem to have shown yours!

To all others who may be thinking the same...i did not say i was going to do a runner but actually asked if they would take the last 4 rents as payment via the bond? It was a question i hoped some people may be able to answer. '

Toorak Trev may be loaded and think nothing of losing 4 weeks rent but it is a lot to me.

Hello there, after reading your first origional post i never thought for one minuite that you was going to do a runner, if that was the case you would have packed up and said nothing. I too had a dilema when i was packing up my house in carindale, i asked the estate agent if she would take the bond for the last 4 weeks rent. At first she disagreed but then i asked to be present at the last inspection and she totally changed towards me and said that i had to send confirmation to the tenants association to forward the bond to her at the estate agents. I then returned to england and the cheque was sent to her at the rental agency. She still tried it on to get money out of me because apparently the tenant that moved in after me said rubbish was left in the bin!!!!!!! luckily i saved emails from her saying the inspection was ok and the bond could be released. Its bad enough going through the stress of moving back without worrying about the posts on here, good luck to you, annemarie

Archived