What I miss About Australia

Guest Aldo

those big 3 ltr bottles of milk.

l_076477_v1_m56577569830541909.jpg

I have to drive 45mins to Gibraltar if I want them, not the end of the world though as I can stock up on cigs to sell back home in UK (pays for trip):wink:

Any others who have returned that miss anything?

love 'em!..

Tess:cute:

Even the Aussies call their pies "maggot bags" I was told (on good authority) Ross the gardener, that aussie pies and sausages are all "lips and 4rseholes"

I am sure I posted a reply to this thread earlier???

Anyway, I have only been over for a holiday so far but some of the things we loved over there that we can't get here:

A crate of pineapples for $5

The Sydney pie cart

Chedz biscuits.

we will be bringing some Chedz back from our next trip in August.

I am sure I posted a reply to this thread earlier???

Anyway, I have only been over for a holiday so far but some of the things we loved over there that we can't get here:

A crate of pineapples for $5

The Sydney pie cart

Chedz biscuits.

we will be bringing some Chedz back from our next trip in August.

buddy, tell ya mum to read the post again :wink:

Fresh local produce. Like avocardos bananas, and Whicha me grub

Fairy wrens(most probley the most beutiful bird I've seen)

Wild life

Qld winter

Beautiful beaches

Bigger Houses

Being able to park within 500 yards of my house

Camping

Food labelling for low Gi foods

And Pie's

Guest treesea

Pies - until I discovered Bells :-)

Australian Weetabix, which had some "munch-crunch", not like the stuff here which dissolves on impact with milk.

Griffins gingernuts biscuits, luxury flakes, lemon and paeroa and pineapple lumps - all from NZ, not OZ, but they used to appear once in a while...

Fresh, uncooked, king prawns with heads on, for a reasonable price

Blue grenadier fish

Tiamos and Brunettis (Melbourne cafes in Carlton)

Meat pizzas from the A1 bakery on Sydney Rd, Brunswick

Friends

What I definitely don't miss - the weather

Guest wikiskippy

Everything except home and away and neighbours. Can't stand 'em.

RED ROOSTER..........Darrel Lea, BBQ Shapes, Smiths chips, fish and chip-chips, fruit loops, nutragrain(ironman food), passion fruit, bowen mango's, Lady finger bananas, Chicken twisties, cherry ripes, iced coffee breaka, fruit tingles, yatala pies, fresh seafood(not frozern and thawed ppl) lamingtons, xxxx just to name a few items...god i miss it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thedobsons

hey Aldo !!! by the time you have gone to Gib and paid for the milk and bread omg the expense you could have got a flight to the uk !!! it's costly at morrisons right !!!

Guest harrison family

We have only visited Oz but i miss there YOGHURTS were you can add your own topping apple crunch every time !

hey Aldo !!! by the time you have gone to Gib and paid for the milk and bread omg the expense you could have got a flight to the uk !!! it's costly at morrisons right !!!

It takes me about 35mins to get to Gib (if no queuing) and with the pound as it is against the euro its about the same for a weekly shop. I also fill up with petrol and get a couple of sleeves of cigs which makes it worth while

Guest treesea
We have only visited Oz but i miss there YOGHURTS were you can add your own topping apple crunch every time !

I miss yoghurt which doesn't have 13 gm of sugar added to it. What is it about yoghurt here in the UK with the sugar? Yoghurt in Australia tasted more of yoghurt and less of sugar. I have taken to getting plain unsweetened yoghurt here and just adding fruit.

Guest earlswood
I miss yoghurt which doesn't have 13 gm of sugar added to it. What is it about yoghurt here in the UK with the sugar? Yoghurt in Australia tasted more of yoghurt and less of sugar. I have taken to getting plain unsweetened yoghurt here and just adding fruit.

you can get any type of yoghurt her that you can get in Oz...try marks and sparks.

Guest kazmatt

we are still here but i think we will miss sizzler, cant think of anything else apart from the wild life, hey aldo maybe you should splash out and buy a cow, lol.

Archived