When to start applying

Dunkos

Hi Guys,

Hope everyones doin OK..

well ive not got long left now, i have 5 days left to work in the UK (yes!), the i fly out in march

this post is to get some knowledge of the job hunt in OZ , when did everyone start applying? who with?

did people find agencies good or trawel thro online newspapers etc?

ive approached a couple of agencies so far but never really had much feedback?

Dunkos

Guest Cane Family

Dunkos.

I think it depends on wghat work you want, as you have not mentioned where you are going or what you currently do, i am affraid no one would be able to suggest or even help you, I am an IT consultant and we are heading for QLD once we have the grant.

I look at various websites but mainlt www.seek.com.au also I have registered with some agencies, but until I get the Visa companies are not interested (but you have yours)

Hope this help I kbnow not much info but i am sure someone will come along and help.

Guest mandisfam
Hi Cane Family,,

sorry

I am heading for melbourne, i am a computer programmer which over 8 years experience in VB, VB.NET, PL_SQL. Oracle

hope this helps

Hi there, given you are in IT, I would search Seek for jobs and then contact agencies who are advertising your type of job on Seek. As you got a visa and a date for landing in oz, I suspect they will probably be interested in you. Although some may say, make contact when you get there.

Good Luck

Mandisfam

Guest Cane Family

Totally agree with Mandisfarm.

I have been getting agency email address freom seek and sending mails letting them know the state of play with my Visa, some reply some dont bother.

Good luck and get typing.......

Regards

Steve

Hi guys...

seek.com is a great web site for up todate jobs.

Like some of you my OH has applied to lots of jobs and had only 1 reply!! we have our permanant visa and are now wondering if a) we should have gone down the sponsorship route (as there seem to be loads of agencies williing to get us out there on a sponsor visa with job attached, but they cant help us as we already have our visa... or b) if we are being ignored as we are not yet in the country (we land on 13th feb) or c) if Auz is on shut down due to summer hols still..

My OH is a mechanic and is supposedly on the most wanted list.. I just dont know what to think..

My Career is another web that springs tomind as does...jobsearch.gov.au.

hope that helps.

Archived