Help needed re: Passport questions

teejaygb

Hi everyone,

I have spent an hour looking for the answer to a niggling question I have but can't find anything - even though I am sure it will have been asked before.

I know that once visa is granted you send it off to get visa ticket in it and then need to validate in oz - then you can return to uk and have 4 / 5 years to return and take up residency. But my question is what if in the time between validating and returning the passport expires (I am thinking expecially my childrens as they only last 5 years and 2 of them only have 2 years left on them now).

What would happen as the new visa wouldn't have the visa ticket in it ????

I am getting confused with the process please someone help....

I know I am a bit premature as we haven't had the blooming thing granted yet but I live in hope :rolleyes:. We submitted online back in April so surely not much longer now = I am slowly going crazy with the waiting.

Cheers guys.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi! I heard that you just let DIAC know by e-mail for example and they either transfer the visa label or just make a computer record of it, I'm not sure so hopefully someone will be along soon to confirm...

All the best for the visa, won't be long now!!!

Dan xx

hi when we came over (a month ago) my visa was in my old passport, you just need to show them it. i got a new passport before we came out as my old one only had 6 months left on it. hope this answers your question and good luck

Guest shirley

hi ,

when your passport runs out you have two choices

you can apply for a new passport and then carry both passports with you when you go to auss or

you can apply to have your visa put in your new passport and all it costs is a letter telling them what you want and sending it by special delivery (silver bag )there and back .

the address is

visa evidencing unit

migration branch

australian high commission

strand

london

wc2b 4la

hope this helps as i have done it with 2 of our new passports and been into australia and had no problems .

shirley

Thanks for all the answers. I am driving myself crazy with all these little niggling questions. LOL

I really need to find something more constructive to do while I wait for our visa to be granted. The last couple of months are terrible aren't they. Especially when lots of people who have submitted the same time as you all seem to be getting their visas.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the answers. I am driving myself crazy with all these little niggling questions. LOL

I really need to find something more constructive to do while I wait for our visa to be granted. The last couple of months are terrible aren't they. Especially when lots of people who have submitted the same time as you all seem to be getting their visas.

Thanks again.

We sort of stayed away from PIO once we got a C.O. I think that we didn't want to get too excited in case we didn't get the Visa. It's a nervy time... lots of paranoia...

I'm sure you'll hear soon teejatgb.

Good luck

Phil

Archived