Stanhope gardens, Baulkam hills??????????

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Guest Dionne and Rickie

:smile:Hi everyone, well we think we have chosen where to live in Sydney well we would like to live in Baulkam hills but its a bit too pricey. So we have chosen Stanhope gardens.

What i wanted to know is there any of you that are all ready living there or thinking of the same areas or has anyone got any views on both areas good or bad. What are the schools like, shopping centre, how far away from beach, we think Manly is about 40 min away. You know the usual questions, thankyou in advance everyone.:wubclub:

Hi Dionne and Rickie,

Not sure what help this will be but we have just returned from visiting sister and bro in law, who live in Stanhope Gardens. Can't comment on schools but there seemed to be plenty of shopping centres aound - most have a Coles and a KMart. You won't be too far from Parramatta which has a huge shopping mall thingy. Getting to Manly, I'd say was a little over an hour by car and car parking was really expensive. You have to pay tolls on the motorway into the CBD or use an E-tag which bumps the cost up. Plenty of trains (and buses) tho, cheap and with air con!! Good luck with your search. Have fun and take care,

Hi there, I moved here a year ago with my husband & 2 kids. We live in Glenhaven (Hills area) & the kids go to Castle Hill High. Cherrybrook is nearby too, but also expensive. Personnally I would look at Kellyville, Kellyville Ridge & Rouse Hill in preference to Stanhope, which we weren't keen on. We are renting at the moment but will most likely move to one of these areas when we buy. They offer good value for money & Rouse Hill has a ovely shopping complex. Don't know where you will be working etc but there are no trains in the hilsls area, only buses...long ride to the city. Realistically you can rent a nice house for $550 a week & buy for $500,000 minimum.

hope that helps.

We rented in Kellyville/Beaumont Hills for the first 1 1/2 years until we got a feel for the areas we liked. Mostly new properties with fairly small back gardens. We went through LJ Hooker in Kellyville who were very friendly and helpful. Try and get a property with air con....it will be well worth it!!

• 3 years later...

Archived