postcode 4503

scottntina

We live in Narangba 4504 and its very pretty with good access to highway and there are a few Brits here. Okay shops and not too far to Westfield at North Lakes. Houses getting more pricey but probably come down a bit during this year in my opinion. PM me if you want a house with a pool as we will be going around the 15th December if that helps you.

Georgie

Hi Scott and Tina;

We lived in 4502 for 9 years if that helps. We were in Petrie. In one way these areas are the best of both worlds. You are just out of the city itself so it's quieter, but near enough for easy access. You are also able to head North easily for the Sunshine Coast and hinterland areas. So many beautiful places to go. I would say that Petrie is preferable to Kallangur, but it depends what you are after. Kallangur has the main road going right through it, whilst you turn off it on a roundabout to get Petrie, which has a couple of estates of various ages. Depends whether you like suburban estate living. It suited us when the kids were young and they could play out on the street.

The down side is that it is neither one thing nor the other. It's mostly not quite rural (though areas like Whiteside etc are getting that way), nor are you really close to the city and all its amenities, nor near to the beach. All are easily accessible. Redcliffe beaches are 20kms (30 mins), the city about the same, probably nearer 45 mins to the centre. There are plenty of shops, schools, pools, etc in the area.

North Lakes is not far from 4502/3 and seems very populars with poms. This area has been built up recently and I'mnot familiar with it, but there are many posts on the forum with info about it.

Hope this helps, if there is anything you want to know just ask,

Deb

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I live in 4503, it covers several suburbs. Kallangur, Dakabin (where I reside) and Murrumba Downs.

As for locations I love Dakabin close to everything and has a main line train station 10 mins walk as well as quick motorway access (I work on Bribie Island). Other half works in Virginia and its a doddle to get there quickly (most of the time). Murrumba Downs is nice as well and has good amenities (pool etc). Kallangur's an older suburb but to be honest I only go to the RSL there!

• 1 month later...
Guest Lesley

Hi there,were in 4506 & we luv it here .Not far from north lakes & about 40 mins from bribie island.

We also rented in 4504 b4 we bought 5 mins up the road.....

Archived