Britain one of the happiest nations.

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

I always knew that people are happy here even when the media says we are not...:cute:

the New Economics Foundation (NeF), found UK residents were among the sixth happiest nations.

The 2007-08 Citizenship Survey - a robust, nationally representative household survey - found that 94% of young people say they feel part of British society.

Under the skin Brits are a happy nation with a great sense of humour which is unique to the British Isles and not really grasped by many of it’s European neighbours the report stated.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Working to fish
I always knew that people are happy here even when the media says we are not...:cute:

the New Economics Foundation (NeF), found UK residents were among the sixth happiest nations.

The 2007-08 Citizenship Survey - a robust, nationally representative household survey - found that 94% of young people say they feel part of British society.

Under the skin Brits are a happy nation with a great sense of humour which is unique to the British Isles and not really grasped by many of it’s European neighbours the report stated.

What is British society ?

dont matter to you earls you will be in oz before long.

eddie:hug:

Guest sparkyinoz

Dude if you believe that you are more deranged than I thought.... Young people in UK becoming binge drinkers YEAH BUD THEY ARE HAPPY AS ****..... young people with HUGE credit card debts...... HOW many young people have become BANKRUPT recently compared to years before ........

CHECK YOUR FACTS DUDE ..............................................................

live in UK small house block of flats Weatherspoons for lunch dinner and tea ..... cold ****.......

94% of young people are happy?????

That's the problem then isn't it?

Indifference.

Distracted by consumer goodies.

Greedy.

Selfish.

In the good old days young people were never happy!!!

Always fighting for a better world and being politically subversive!!

GET ME OUT OF HERE QUICK!!!!!!!

I don't want to live with 'happy young people'!!!!!!!

How depressing!!!!!!!

Guest earlswood
Dude if you believe that you are more deranged than I thought.... Young people in UK becoming binge drinkers YEAH BUD THEY ARE HAPPY AS ****..... young people with HUGE credit card debts...... HOW many young people have become BANKRUPT recently compared to years before ........

CHECK YOUR FACTS DUDE ..............................................................

live in UK small house block of flats Weatherspoons for lunch dinner and tea ..... cold ****.......

People seem happier here than in Oz and so am I.......Brits are a nation of bringing ourselves down and deep down most people are happy...I honestly see more smiling faces here than I did in Oz......especislly of the women..:biggrin:

I honestly see more smiling faces here than I did in Oz......especislly of the women..

Are you sure they did not have wind :jiggy:

Guest sparkyinoz

especislly of the women..:biggrin:u been drinkin toooooooooo much ale have u not Earlswood ...... Happier they are officially in a recession that they have no immediate future there houses are being reposessed weeks left in work ............................ WITH WHAT OUT LOOK ......

Yeah BRO stay in the UK its great XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest earlswood
especislly of the women..:biggrin:u been drinkin toooooooooo much ale have u not Earlswood ...... Happier they are officially in a recession that they have no immediate future there houses are being reposessed weeks left in work ............................ WITH WHAT OUT LOOK ......

Yeah BRO stay in the UK its great XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What a sad little angry man you are.

Australia is not far behind mate..

THE economy is headed for recession next year, with a 50 per cent plunge in share values and a double-digit drop in house prices.

Saving jobs: 'all options considered' - Local News - News - General - The Canberra Times

Hi Earls,

I have to disagree with you, I dont see many happy people about at the moment but i am not sure it is down to the economy. I think a lot of it is due to general society and lawlessness that is rife in England. You can carry a knife without any risk of being arrested, hell you can virtually use one and only get a few weeks inside. Like the Ozcans rightly point out on a regular basis feral kids are running the streets intimidating people and generally causing mayhem. Society today is rotten to the core and until we have leaders that are willing to sort this out it will only get worse. I do not want my kids growing up in that enviroment and before you say it Oz maybe no better but its worth a try. The economy can recover but can our sick society? Not with the current shower of sh*t running it!:no:andy

Guest Working to fish
Hi Earls,

I have to disagree with you, I dont see many happy people about at the moment but i am not sure it is down to the economy. I think a lot of it is due to general society and lawlessness that is rife in England. You can carry a knife without any risk of being arrested, hell you can virtually use one and only get a few weeks inside. Like the Ozcans rightly point out on a regular basis feral kids are running the streets intimidating people and generally causing mayhem. Society today is rotten to the core and until we have leaders that are willing to sort this out it will only get worse. I do not want my kids growing up in that enviroment and before you say it Oz maybe no better but its worth a try. The economy can recover but can our sick society? Not with the current shower of sh*t running it!:no:andy

Clarkson would sort it.:yes:

Guest earlswood
Hi Earls,

Ohhhhhh dear....crime and knife crime is rife in Oz, and gun crime is getting out of control over there....Australia has double the amount of gun murders than the UK....fact.

Ohhhhhh dear....crime and knife crime is rife in Oz, and gun crime is getting out of control over there....Australia has double the amount of gun murders than the UK....fact.
Like I said to you before I am willing to give it a shot regardless of the stats you keep shoving down everyones throats, and if it does not work then so be it but i have my kids to think about. I think I am right in saying you have just got yourself to think about and if and when you do have kids you may think differently.andy

Guest earlswood
Like I said to you before I am willing to give it a shot regardless of the stats you keep shoving down everyones throats, and if it does not work then so be it but i have my kids to think about. I think I am right in saying you have just got yourself to think about and if and when you do have kids you may think differently.andy

You are the one going on about how much crime there is in the UK...I was held up by knife 2 times in 2 years in Perth....never had any problems in the UK...I am saying crime is in both Countries and the crime rates are almost the same.

Good Grief Earslwood,

We all know about the 2 knife threats, you mention them nearly every thread you post on.

Many of us have or have had experiences of this sort, but we're not trying to make people change their lives because of our experiences. I get that you're trying to give a different perspective on Oz.

But if fate throws it at you, deal with it and move on.

But I swear if I read about it again I'm gonna scream!!!

Guest treesea

I hope Australia lives up to your expectations. We have brought our children back to Britain to give them a decent state education, and not have to put them through private education in Australia. I can't speak for England but having experienced the Scottish education system, compared to the very dumbed down Australian version, I sure am glad I brought them back.

You are the one going on about how much crime there is in the UK...I was held up by knife 2 times in 2 years in Perth....never had any problems in the UK...I am saying crime is in both Countries and the crime rates are almost the same.

Yes I am the one going on about crime in this country and no i cannot comment on the situation in oz as I have never lived there, but what I do no is England is no longer the place i want to raise my children, and as you keep banging on about the crime rate do you seriously believe that the crime figures in this country have not been fiddled, because if you do I am afraid you are deluded! andy

Guest earlswood
Good Grief Earslwood,

We all know about the 2 knife threats, you mention them nearly every thread you post on.

Many of us have or have had experiences of this sort, but we're not trying to make people change their lives because of our experiences. I get that you're trying to give a different perspective on Oz.

But if fate throws it at you, deal with it and move on.

But I swear if I read about it again I'm gonna scream!!!

95% have never been affected by crime themselves....so dont do a Daily Mail and say Many of us have been affected by crime because most people have jobs and most people have never been affected by crime.

I hope Australia lives up to your expectations. We have brought our children back to Britain to give them a decent state education, and not have to put them through private education in Australia. I can't speak for England but having experienced the Scottish education system, compared to the very dumbed down Australian version, I sure am glad I brought them back.

Hi Treesea, because oz did not work for you does not mean it will not for us! andy

Guest earlswood
Yes I am the one going on about crime in this country and no i cannot comment on the situation in oz as I have never lived there, but what I do no is England is no longer the place i want to raise my children, and as you keep banging on about the crime rate do you seriously believe that the crime figures in this country have not been fiddled, because if you do I am afraid you are deluded! andy

And dont you think the crime statistics are fiddled all over the world Andy...come on...of course they are.

Crime happens worldwide...the vast majority of people never experience being mugged or having their houses robbed...let's not belive all the overblown media...your chances are remote of being robbed in Oz or in the UK.

Even though I was unlucky.

And millions raise their kids with no problems...why are you so worried...honestly...what the hell are you worried about?

95% have never been affected by crime themselves....so dont do a Daily Mail and say Many of us have been affected by crime because most people have jobs and most people have never been affected by crime.

What on earth has having a job got to do with being affected by crime! andy

Guest earlswood
What on earth has having a job got to do with being affected by crime! andy

I am pointing out the hysteria that affects people who listen to the news and read the daily mail…I am saying over 96% of people have jobs and as many are never affected by crime….some are but they are in the vast minority….try not to worry so much mate..

YO Stats Boy

I am your Stats Girl!!

My local paper got some figures for the town (population 92,000) through the freedom of information act.

And I WILL bore you with the stats cos I know you love em!!!!

viiolence against the person 91

drug offence 13

robbery 6

theft/handling 135

sexual offences 2

criminal damage 116

vehicle crime 91

burglary dwelling 31

burglary other 41

fraud/forgery 21

other offences 12

How many were reported to the public?????

3 of the theft/handling crimes.

THREE Earlswood.

This isn't the Daily Mail.

By the way. These crimes were commited in:

THE MONTH of September 2008.

ONE MONTH Earlswood.

Remember when I told you I was threatened by a man with an axe? You said it would have made the national papers????? And I said not even the local paper!!

See?? See what makes the local paper?

3 of the crimes!!!!!!

Who reads the Daily Mail Earlswood????

And dont you think the crime statistics are fiddled all over the world Andy...come on...of course they are.

Crime happens worldwide...the vast majority of people never experience being mugged or having their houses robbed...let's not belive all the overblown media...your chances are remote of being robbed in Oz or in the UK.

Even though I was unlucky.

And millions raise their kids with no problems...why are you so worried...honestly...what the hell are you worried about?

As I have said before earls crime is not the only reason I want to move abroad, it is just one of them, I want my children to have the experience of living in another country and think that anyone like myself who sells up and gives up everything here to try to give themselves and there family a better life deserves credit for giving it a shot. I am beginning to think you are very bitter at your faliure to make a better life for yourself and want to take out your immature frustrations on those yet to try.andy

Archived