Need to Book Flights - Help!

jakc

Ok, hopefully should have my 457 visa straight after this weekend.

Want to book my flights as soon as I get the visa, for about 3 weeks away, maybe 4 if it means cheaper ticket.

Travelling from a london airport to Melbourne

So , ive tried a few websites and also dial-a-flight and found a few quotes ranging from £600 to £3k!

My missus found out that if we go via States (long way around) apparently you can take 2 bags each on the plane which would be pretty handy.

I also heard a rumour that if you get a one way ticket the same applies either way around the world.

Im sure it varies from airline to airline, but I would really appreciate some sources to get cheap tickets and if you could clear up the confusion surrounding baggage. Perhaps its not too £ to pay for another bag on a flight?

Thanks in advance

Ok, hopefully should have my 457 visa straight after this weekend.

Want to book my flights as soon as I get the visa, for about 3 weeks away, maybe 4 if it means cheaper ticket.

Travelling from a london airport to Melbourne

So , ive tried a few websites and also dial-a-flight and found a few quotes ranging from £600 to £3k!

My missus found out that if we go via States (long way around) apparently you can take 2 bags each on the plane which would be pretty handy.

I also heard a rumour that if you get a one way ticket the same applies either way around the world.

Im sure it varies from airline to airline, but I would really appreciate some sources to get cheap tickets and if you could clear up the confusion surrounding baggage. Perhaps its not too £ to pay for another bag on a flight?

Thanks in advance

457 you aint gettin double baggage with anyone on the normal route ,you need a unvalidated permanent visa, If you go by thestates you get 40 kg but its nearly a 2 day job, being close keep having a sniff becos allthough the flights are generaly dearer the nearer the date of the flight the bargains are when there only a couple of seats left .

mally

I believe you only get double allowance on a one way ticket and the visa has to be a PR visa, A website that I used to use for flights is Kayak.co.uk, you just choose your departure, arrival and leaving date then a box with a calender on the right hand side will appear with all the prices on, you can then choose a certain day or different month from this box....

Guest julie2g1b

hiya we booked through netflights.com for our rekki found them to be the cheapest at the time in nov and i looked everywhere :biglaugh:you will only be allowed 20kg each and on board a flightbag, laptop plus i had my large handbag full as well, you could always get a man bag lol and fill it why should it just be women that have handbags

good luck

julie :wubclub:

hiya we booked through netflights.com for our rekki found them to be the cheapest at the time in nov and i looked everywhere :biglaugh:you will only be allowed 20kg each and on board a flightbag, laptop plus i had my large handbag full as well, you could always get a man bag lol and fill it why should it just be women that have handbags

good luck

julie :wubclub:

We went with Singapore airlines our bags were 25 kg (Naughty) but the lady just stickered it and smiled you are allowed a item of hand luggage and a laptop ,handsg. Think my shoulder nearly gave way over my hand luggage very heavy.

On the second leg Sing to perrh packed ifyou are doing the mon mornin flight it is always the same ,. Goes to put mybag in box completely full ,funny me our lass and this asian guy full of his kit , on the flight the stewardesses were all over him callin him personally by name ,YP is now angry. Mally suffrerd a bout of prostste ctrouble , every time the guy nodded off I went to the loo, must have gone 20 times on a 5 hour flight

Mally

Guest JoanneHattersley

I came via states and we were allowed 2 bags each at 32kg per bag! I think that has changed now tho! That was with Air NZ. They were a great airline. It IS a few extra hours travel. We dod London - LA which was 10.5hrs ; LA-Auckland which was 11.5 and then Auckland to Brizzy which was 3.5. Great flights, great service

Archived