Last nights storm (Perth)

ErmintrudeMcMoo

OMG!! Anyone else kept awake last night with the thunder & lightening?? Ended up with daughter & dog in the bed beside us - hardly got a wink of sleep - though not sure if it was because of the fantastic light display, the noise of the thunder, the noise of the rain on the metal roof or the noise of hubby snoring (he of course slept right through!):arghh:

Guest kirstig123
OMG!! Anyone else kept awake last night with the thunder & lightening?? Ended up with daughter & dog in the bed beside us - hardly got a wink of sleep - though not sure if it was because of the fantastic light display, the noise of the thunder, the noise of the rain on the metal roof or the noise of hubby snoring (he of course slept right through!):arghh:

Ha, the world must be becoming a smaller place?! It was exactly the same in Burnley last night! I Love the sound of rain on a metal roof! Fab. I cant wait!

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hope everything's ok there and not a storm like the Brisbane one where some buildings were damaged... Hope you're not too tired too,

Dan xx :-)

Guest kirstig123

Cheers Dan, I think its your cats tail / bottom that's hypnotising me! I cant be this tired! The storm was nothing too bad, but very very windy.

Anyway, the crazy cat has done its trick, I am off to sleep!!!!!

Wasn't it GREAT! From two am onwards, brought the dog inside and she dived under the covers. Did a good job of topping up the pool tho. :smile:

Guest guest17301

Sounds fab...can't wait to experience a proper storm, don't seem to get thunder and lighning for more than 5 mins these days Although it was pretty stormy here last night too and woke me up, cold though brrr

Sounds fab...can't wait to experience a proper storm, don't seem to get thunder and lighning for more than 5 mins these days Although it was pretty stormy here last night too and woke me up, cold though brrr

Have to say the thunder & lightening storms are pretty spectacular over here - though the rate the rain comes down can be scary when your house is at the bottom of a slight dip and it starts to pool (saying that ,thanks to having loads of sand in the ground and very little soil it drain away quickly too)

We live out at The Vines... heard only a few cracks of thunder.... No rain for us... unfortunately!!

I was really praying for rain.. as it hasn't rained here in almost 6 weeks.

Karen

It inda ent over Rockingham and then upto the Hills around Rolleystone way. I think Perth itself didn't get much of the storm activity.

All 4 of us plus a mad boxer slept through it. Given the garden a good water and topped the pool up so all is good.

Hi NB! LOL I can`t believe you all slept through it! The lightening kept lighting up our room - it was like trying to sleep in a bloody disco!The dog was barking and scratching at the kitchen door, so she ended up in our room too.

Hi NB! LOL I can`t believe you all slept through it! The lightening kept lighting up our room - it was like trying to sleep in a bloody disco!The dog was barking and scratching at the kitchen door, so she ended up in our room too.

Not sure how much thunder and lightening there was up our way but it had rained a lot as the roads were very wet when I went out for my walk. When we lived in Canada we slept through Nova Scotias Hurricane Juan in 2003, it was the worst storm they had in 50 years, people were killed, homes lost and we slept through it!

Archived