passport expiry

arlene

We are travelling to perth in april on holiday to validate our visas, my sons passport expires in july and I'm not sure whether we need to renew it before we go. i would be grateful if anyone has any advice regarding this.

thanks

Arlene

I am on a 457 visa which was issued on my old passport number in September 2008. As my passport was due to expire in March 2009 I thought it best to renew my passport whilst still in the UK. Once I had my new passport all I had to do was send an email direct to immigration advising of the new passport and also scanned a copy of the page which holds my photo and details. They then confirmed they had updated my records. When I travelled in early December I carried both passports and the confirmation email just in case but was not asked for them. The visa has now been evidenced in my new passport. Know it is probably a bit different for you but hope this helps. I also used the fast track service from the passport office. I would just point out that my first photos were rejected as they were too bright so I then sent two sets from different places as wasn't taking any more chances.

this is a very interesting topic, i am going to be apllying for a prospective marriage visa in march 09. how does it all work if granted and you wanted to come back to england for a holiday but ur uk visa has expired. my passport expires in june 2010. what should i do? i am also going back to oz in 4 weeks for 4 weeks so dont want to apply for a new one now.

how long does it take?

and you keep the same passport number ?

this is a very interesting topic, i am going to be apllying for a prospective marriage visa in march 09. how does it all work if granted and you wanted to come back to england for a holiday but ur uk visa has expired. my passport expires in june 2010. what should i do? i am also going back to oz in 4 weeks for 4 weeks so dont want to apply for a new one now.

how long does it take?

and you keep the same passport number ?

You can renew your passport at any time and the passport office will add up to 9 months remaining onto your new passport. You do not keep the same passport number. Every time one is issued you get a new number. Time scale will vary depending on when in the year you apply as they have high peak times. If you give them a call they will advise.

Archived