Best time to fly...

sandgrounders

Well I was having a little look the other day and comparing prices to go May and August there was almost a 50% difference! Definitely stick to non-school holidays. In fact Qantas have a sale at the mo (as do most airlines) so if you are really flexible you could give them a ring ask them to tell you the cheapest fares they have between now and August. For example, to fly to Brisbane in mid May was approximately £540 per person! (I thought that was good anyway!)

Good luck.

Kate

Guest Kev, Kaz & Ellie

I always find April (after easter) through to June the cheapest times to go. Don't go in August - too expensive and all the flights will be full. Also mid-week flights tend to be cheaper and less busy.

May was pretty cheap for us - If you go on Emirates website there is a section that tells you the 'out of season' dates which is when you find the cheap flights. Emirates often have great special offers on too.

I wouldnt recomend Qantas though they are cheap because they have had ALOT of bad press recently, They were on the news almost weekly (and sometimes more) over here not so long ago

Good luck with finding cheap flights x

Thanks Clackkit, last time visiting rellies, we flew quantas and luckily the planes didn't fall apart.

We really want to get the longest bit over with first as we've got our little 3 year old to think about, so Emirates is probably a non starter... and we want to fly from Manchester, so it looks like Singapore.

Phil

lol I'm terrified of flying so it doesnt take much to put me off an airline lol.

I'm flying back with my 8 month old in a couple of weeks - to frosty old england lol Not looking forward to keeping a baby content and happy for 24 hours when all she wants to do is crawl and explore!

Good luck with finding some flights soon - with the economy in the shape it is your sure to land a cheap deal!

Guest proud2beaussie
I wouldnt recomend Qantas though they are cheap because they have had ALOT of bad press

Bad press does not mean a bad airline,I have flown over 125,000 miles with Qantas over the last five years and I have always had excellent flights.

Qantas has been operating for 88 years and they remain one of the few national flag

carrying airlines never to have had a fatal collision.

The incidents that lead to the "bad press" you speak of are still under investigation but preliminary reports (Which I have read) indicate that faulty maintainance is not to blame.

Qantas are a world leading airline and I would never hesitate to fly with them.

Guest proud2beaussie
Does anybody know what the dates are when flights become expensive around Christmas time?

Thanks.

Depends where you are and want to travel to.

Check this page:

Airline Travel Seasons - Webjet.com.au

BTW,I should point out that the important factor is the season in your destination,not just the season where you are departing from,so whilst

it is more expensive to book flights from the UK around mid year (UK summer) that is Australia's winter so it's often actually cheaper to come here then than it would be in December/January which,of course,is our summer.

Guest AndyJo&Lewis
Depends where you are and want to travel to.

Check this page:

Airline Travel Seasons - Webjet.com.au

BTW,I should point out that the important factor is the season in your destination,not just the season where you are departing from,so whilst

it is more expensive to book flights from the UK around mid year (UK summer) that is Australia's winter so it's often actually cheaper to come here then than it would be in December/January which,of course,is our summer.

Thanks,

Flying from Brizzie back to the UK next Chrimbo,

Thanks again

Guest proud2beaussie
Thanks,

Flying from Brizzie back to the UK next Chrimbo,

Thanks again

If you can avoid it,don't fly at Christmas,it's peak season everywhere,planes and airports are packed and it's hell,done it too many times myself,try and arrange it for either early December or late in January,but surprisingly new years eve can be quite cheap,but Christmas and the few days either side-not unless you can pay now and are prepared to put up with being packed in like sardines in a can.

Archived