Guest allthegoodnamesaretaken

Hi all, great site,

We are looking to move to Oz this year, hopefully on a sponsored visa thingy, we have friends in Oz working on it!! We are Hopefully looking to move to the South East QLD area, hopefully Sunshine coast / Gold coast area about 30-45 mins from the beach and Brisbane centre. What i wanted to know is, Could anybody recommend an area that will suit the wifes love of all things horsey and mine and the kids love of all things dirtbikey?

Thanks in advance, Daniel, Dawn, Harry (4) and Riley (3)

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Daniel, Dawn and family

Can't help with areas in Queensland, but just wanted to say hi and welcome to PIO and the rollercoaster ride of migration!!!!!

Wishing you loads of luck!

michelle x

Guest The Thomsons

Just wanted to say what a great name!!! Mine is dull as ditch water - I would love to change it, does anyone know if this is possible?

A big welcome-8.gif To pio, hope you enjoy the site, We too are hoping on going to Queensland, Done so much research i could write my own book!

Hope you enjoy pio, be warned its addictive x

So when's the book due? Could be a big help. lol

How far have you got with the whole process? x

Hi and welcome to poms in oz, have you looked around here Jimboomba or Beaudesert, Canungra areas , all very horsey with most kids owning motorcross bikes too. Part of the reason we settled here is acreage is still very affordable so the kids can ride their bikes/quad around the land and eventually i can buy another horse.

hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Yeah, we have seen a few houses we like in Jimboomba but would like to find out how close it is to Brisbane and the coast? x

Hi Dawn and Daniel;

I don't know heaps about keeping horses, but I have a friend who lives on acreage in Narangba who has 2 horses. They're on a double block and the horses come up to the kitchen window. Narangba is North of Brisbane, and the land is cheaper because its that bit further out from the city, but it is commutable. Basically easy access to Brisbane and to the Sunshine Coast.

Deb

Archived