CBD Brisbane or Wynumm suburb for Reccie?

Guest TheMagees

Guest TheMagees

Hi Thanks everyone for your advice on this site, we are just narrowing down options!!!

We are drving from Sydney to Brisbane, staying at various places including 2 days on the Gold Coast. Then have just over a week in Brisbane, we have seen a couple of places to rent in Wynumm/Manly that are in our price range, and fit the bill with the amount of bedrooms etc. Also seen a couple of 3 bed apartments in central Brisbane.

Leaning towards the suburb as we have 3 kids, two of which are small and thought that they might enjoy it more if we were nearer the coast , playparks, paddling pool etc. and we are not too far from Brisbane.

Any advice on this area, anyone live there?.

We thought that the City Centre would be great for the adults but the kids might prefer the burbs!!!

Any advice and information on Wynumm would be great thanks. Need to make a decision soon, as its only 4 weeks to go and as yet we only have the first few nights in Sydney sorted out - gulp!!!!

Julie

Guest Angelcake

HI

I went to Wynum today for the first time with my 3 boys (twins age nearly 3 and 5 yr old). There isnt a beach as such more like mud flats, but its a really nice little place. There is a free open air wading pool with a small toddlers slide, and two really good parks all by the water front. My boys really enjoyed it. The walk is nice along the front and there is a harbour area with lots of boats at the other end.

The city does have some nice areas for children, but it depends how old your children are. There could be a lot of walking involved as its very spread out. Southbank is good, it has a lagoon and beach area (all free) with lots of cafe's and restaurants. Roma parkland is good for kids too, small waterfalls, botanical gardens, play areas and picnic places.

Hope this helps

Angelcake

As it is summer I would consider staying here: Brisbane Holiday Village - Photo Gallery

They currently have the following 7 Night Specials:

Cabin Type Nightly Rate

Cosmo Cabin ** $124

Metro Cabin ** $112

Alfresco Cabin ** $112

Ensuite Sites * $33

Powered Sites * $29

Tent Sites * $21

Easy to get to from the Gold Coast (just off highway from Gold Coast as you go through southern suburbs of Brisbane).

You can catch bus route 111 or 161 into Brisbane CBD in 20-30 mins.

Timetable here: TransLink - journey planner

Kids should love it, and very handy spot to explore Brisbane as it is at the intersection of the south east freeway to the CBD, M1 to the Gold Coast and Gateway motorway to the airport/Sunshine Coast.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ness 74

Hi

We moved from Bolton to Brisbane on Jan 1st. Had a short visit back in october to decide which area we wanted to settle in. fell in love with Manly/ wynnum and Wellington point. All within 10 mins of each other. Found a rental in Wakerly. These areas are the best for families with children. We have achoice of places to go after school and at the weekend we are only 45 mins from Gold Coast and all its beaches and attractions and hour or so to get to the Sunshine Coast. Along with South bank in the city.

You prob have made decisions by now anyway. My girls are 5 and 9 and Have just started at Redlands College on the way to Wellington Point.

Only in our 5th week here so bit up and down at the minute. If youfancy a meet up then let me know.

Good Luckl with everything

Vanessa x

Archived