Are we nuts?

zoeburrell

We leave for Sydney in 2 days and I decided to let my children have their farewell party tonight, my eldest had 20 for dinner at a local chinese restaurant and my son had 12 mates to pizza hut. I stupidly, thinking that most parents would say no to mixed sexed sleep overs (age 12-15) said that they could have their friends to stay after. It is now 11pm and I am hiding in the kitchen after EVERY SINGLE ONE was allowed to stay!!!!! The only thing keeping me going is that in 11 hours they will have all gone home... the countdown is on!! What makes it worse is that I had mine last night and got into bed at 4am and up at 7am so am not feeling the best!!

:arghh:

Guest prettyinpink

.............and you've not locked these kids in a cupboard?

Wow, I think you deserve several stiff drinks. And a very long lie in!!

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Wow you are in for a long night, just enjoy all the chaos you can have a nice quiet one tomorrow.

Have a safe flight, where about in Sydney are you going we too are going to Sydney but not quite just yet though still waiting for c/o.xx

Dionne

Guest donovan

Geeze you are brave Zoe, I can not handle it when I have one of my sons friends staying overnight.

Good luck with your move, and have a great flight

Sarah x

Thanks all! I have now answered my own question - yes I am nuts!! Totally and utterly without a doubt bonkers! Its approaching 1am and they are showing no sign of quietening down! You are right though - its only 1 night and then its all over, a treat never to be repeated! I will be expecting lots of cups of tea made by Becci and James in thanks for this night - and it will be a looooonnnnnnnggggggg time before I let them forget this!!

We are heading to Warriewood, Northern Beaches and we can't wait. Even without all the noise I probably wouldn't be sleeping anyway because I'm feeling like a little kid brimming with excitement!

All the best all,

Zoe xxx

Yes 'nuts' that would be the one and I am used to having loads of youngsters in my house overnight and these ones are of the age (twenties) to down a few bottles of Jack Daniels drunk and loud I am used to even I don't think I could cope with teenagers again! Hang on I have a seven year old its all to come again!!

We leave for Sydney in 2 days and I decided to let my children have their farewell party tonight, my eldest had 20 for dinner at a local chinese restaurant and my son had 12 mates to pizza hut. I stupidly, thinking that most parents would say no to mixed sexed sleep overs (age 12-15) said that they could have their friends to stay after. It is now 11pm and I am hiding in the kitchen after EVERY SINGLE ONE was allowed to stay!!!!! The only thing keeping me going is that in 11 hours they will have all gone home... the countdown is on!! What makes it worse is that I had mine last night and got into bed at 4am and up at 7am so am not feeling the best!!

:arghh:

at least you will sleep on the plane ok

Guest guest17301

You mad fool Zoe! I always say no to sleepovers..far too selfish. Well done you for being a great mum and treating the kids! (hope Courtney doesn't read this she might get ideas) Hoping she'll be satisfied with a cinema trip with her mates!:err:

Guest WARDStoOZ

lol it's very good of you Zoe to let Becci and James have friends over to stay... I too am amazed that all of them got to stay...

Lots of Luck for today and tomorrow of course!

Take care,

Dan xx :-)

OMG why do they call them sleepovers?? its nearly 8am and some of them have NOT slept at all!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHH......

Im so tired! What we do in the name of love! x

Just goes to show what a great mum you are, good luck in your new life. andy:smile:

Guest annemarie and brian

well done for getting through the night the most i have had to stay was six of my daughters

friends and i thought that was enough but you were absoultly brillant and to stay up all night,

well they must have gone home by now so you can relax

Archived