Do we need a return ticket?

aussietool

hi all

myself (the aussie) and my fiancee are getting married in the uk in march and then planning to fly to perth early may, where my dad has lived for the last 30 years,we were going to apply for the spouse visa in the uk but are now thinking of doing it onshore,as it would be alot easier for us,we have a house waiting for us off my dad and ive got a job there.has any one else done this(traveled first then applyed)?what items do you have to submit when applying eg marriage certs,decs,bills and the like?would my OH have to get a return ticket?or can you travel on a one way and just get a ticket in aus back to the uk if something went wrong?

sorry for the long winded question

Thanks Geoff & Jaq

hi all

myself (the aussie) and my fiancee are getting married in the uk in march and then planning to fly to perth early may, where my dad has lived for the last 30 years,we were going to apply for the spouse visa in the uk but are now thinking of doing it onshore,as it would be alot easier for us,we have a house waiting for us off my dad and ive got a job there.has any one else done this(traveled first then applyed)?what items do you have to submit when applying eg marriage certs,decs,bills and the like?would my OH have to get a return ticket?or can you travel on a one way and just get a ticket in aus back to the uk if something went wrong?

sorry for the long winded question

Thanks Geoff & Jaq

Basically, anybody coming into Oz on an ETA - ie a tourist - will need to have a ticket out of OZ......so get a ticket to Aukland as your cheapest option.... book that ticket for the 89th day from arrival date. Apply onshore for spouse visa, get a bridging visa automatically on reciept of acknowledgement.

Cash in the ticket or at least re-claim the taxes back.

Dont know about the Spouse visa process - so cannot advise on the process or requirements...look on www.immi.gov.au and search for your "type" of Spouse visa, ie de-facto etc.

Hope that helps...

hi

We are doing the same thing at the minute and if your spouse is coming on a short term visa then get a return and cancel it once you land then apply for visa that is what we did and had no trouble at all.

Then you shall gain a bridging visa until sorted out.

thanks

Archived