Where to get fingerprints taken in Perth

Guest rainbow

Guest rainbow

It is nearly time for my visa renewal, as my original work visa was only for a few months. This time, my employer is going to sponser me for a longer period.

I need to get a set of my paw prints to submit to Singapore for my police clearance in Singapore. Does anyone know where I can get that done in Perth?

I've called my local police station and they say they don't do it there.

Many thanks in advance.

It is nearly time for my visa renewal, as my original work visa was only for a few months. This time, my employer is going to sponser me for a longer period.

I need to get a set of my paw prints to submit to Singapore for my police clearance in Singapore. Does anyone know where I can get that done in Perth?

Many thanks in advance.

Bash a copper get em done for nowt :biglaugh:

sorry could not resist

mally

Guest rainbow

sadly, the one from singapore has lapsed as I front loaded them, and it took a..g....e.......s for the paperwork to be sorted for the visa.

Many thanks in advance.

you need to go the AFP headquarters on Murray Street. I used to have the phone number to call to make the appointments but I can't find it. This is the phone number for AFP HQ 9320 3444, give them a call and ask for the phone number to make the appointment.

Guest rainbow

Thanks indeed Northern Bird :0) - I'll give the AFP a call next week. Or if it is too much hassle, we may just take a holiday in Singapore.

Sharon, nice to hear from you. we are in Bull Creek. We were looking at the Leeming/Bull Ck/Riverton area - to be near Oberthur PS in Bull Ck as they have Mandarin as their LOTE and the other state schools in this area seem quite good. We thought we may as well get used to this area if we are potentially going to be in Aus for a period of time. We are also somewhat restricted to living SOR (sth of the river) due to my work at Armadale. Unfortunately, the properties that were available in Leeming at that time were near power lines or were a bit isolated (hubby does not drive). We could have broadened our search if we had more time and we were not limited by choices of potential primary schools. Canning Vale seems quite nice with newer houses.

The ammentities around Bull Ck / Leeming are are quite good. At least there are several IGAs in the area that open daily until 8pm daily, and the Riverton branch even opens until 9pm. Our daughter loves going to the playground which is just a stroll away.

The local library opens only for the morning on Sat., and is closed on Sunday - have to get used to the hours. We had a lovely time at the Freo swimming pool on New Years day - there is a water playground there. We went to a number of carols in the park in the weekends leading up to Christmas and they were lovely, with many activities for children, which our daugther loved.

The properties in this area are a bit older though, and the rent dearer compared to some other locations. I think this is because they are in the Rossmoyne HSZ - not that we care at this stage. Some of the rental properties we viewed were really in quite a state. We had to rule some of them out too as they did not have airconditioning. The temperature has been in the upper 30s for several days in a roll ATM.

We were in temp accomodation in Seville Grove for a few weeks and found the relative isolation difficult - and food shopping had to be done either on Sat. there or on Thursday evenings. Took a bit of getting used to after the 24 hr Tescos and ASDAs in the UK. Also the nearest playground was a bit far, and not quite suitable for toddlers. We are quite happy where we are, and are waiting for our container to clear customs - life will be a lot easier when the microwave comes at the end of the month.

What about yourself, how are things?

sounds like your getting the area sussed out, were flying 2nd of march so off to kalamunda / pickering brook for starters , so maybe when we are in and walking to the park stage we can meet up for a coffee, lovely to hear your getting sorted , how is your little girl without cbeebies ? bless im buying a few dvd's to bring . keep in touch.

Thanks indeed Northern Bird :0) - I'll give the AFP a call next week. Or if it is too much hassle, we may just take a holiday in Singapore.

Sharon, nice to hear from you. we are in Bull Creek. We were looking at the Leeming/Bull Ck/Riverton area - to be near Oberthur PS in Bull Ck as they have Mandarin as their LOTE and the other state schools in this area seem quite good. We thought we may as well get used to this area if we are potentially going to be in Aus for a period of time. We are also somewhat restricted to living SOR (sth of the river) due to my work at Armadale. Unfortunately, the properties that were available in Leeming at that time were near power lines or were a bit isolated (hubby does not drive). We could have broadened our search if we had more time and we were not limited by choices of potential primary schools. Canning Vale seems quite nice with newer houses.

The ammentities around Bull Ck / Leeming are are quite good. At least there are several IGAs in the area that open daily until 8pm daily, and the Riverton branch even opens until 9pm. Our daughter loves going to the playground which is just a stroll away.

The local library opens only for the morning on Sat., and is closed on Sunday - have to get used to the hours. We had a lovely time at the Freo swimming pool on New Years day - there is a water playground there. We went to a number of carols in the park in the weekends leading up to Christmas and they were lovely, with many activities for children, which our daugther loved.

The properties in this area are a bit older though, and the rent dearer compared to some other locations. I think this is because they are in the Rossmoyne HSZ - not that we care at this stage. Some of the rental properties we viewed were really in quite a state. We had to rule some of them out too as they did not have airconditioning. The temperature has been in the upper 30s for several days in a roll ATM.

We were in temp accomodation in Seville Grove for a few weeks and found the relative isolation difficult - and food shopping had to be done either on Sat. there or on Thursday evenings. Took a bit of getting used to after the 24 hr Tescos and ASDAs in the UK. Also the nearest playground was a bit far, and not quite suitable for toddlers. We are quite happy where we are, and are waiting for our container to clear customs - life will be a lot easier when the microwave comes at the end of the month.

What about yourself, how are things?

It isn't a hassle, its dead easy. We had to do them for Canadian police checks, it took about 15 mins for 2 of us.

Guest rainbow
sounds like your getting the area sussed out, were flying 2nd of march so off to kalamunda / pickering brook for starters , so maybe when we are in and walking to the park stage we can meet up for a coffee, lovely to hear your getting sorted , how is your little girl without cbeebies ? bless im buying a few dvd's to bring . keep in touch.

Sharon,

abc kids isn't so bad. they have lazy town, lunar jim, louie (draw us a picture louie), postman pat, ITNG and koala brothers. there is also a programme with the same format as tikabilla called playschool- so don't worry too much about the DVDs. CBeebies is also apparently available on foxtel and optus television(CBeebies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

megan is hooked to the CBeebies website though - she can manouvre the mouse and uses the right and left buttons on the laptop keyboard to click. I think it is more because she is bored, and DH doesn't drive, so no playgroups yet. get in touch with me when you are more settled.

not more long for you now - all the very best with the big move. the weather should be less hot by the time you arrive.

Guest BullcreekBob
We were looking at the Leeming/Bull Ck/Riverton area - to be near Oberthur PS in Bull Ck

When I sit out the front of the house in the evening having a cold drink, I overlook the playgrounds at Oberthur PS

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

Hi Rainbow,

Nice to hear someone from singapore as well. Currently I lived in Como, still looking for a suitable PS for my kids, then only decide the suburb to stay. As you mentioned Oberthur Primary, you mean they teach mandarin as well? My other friend told me the standard here is too low if compare to singapore, this is what I worry. Hope have time, we as parent here can meet and discuss or exchange knowledge of daily living, kids education etc.

Guest rainbow

Bob, if you ever seen a chinese toddler clinging to a frazzled looking woman at the IGA at Parry Avenue - that might me us!

Sharon - forgot to mention there is thomas the tank engine on ABC kids too

Adelyn - hello! there are a number of PSs with Chinese as a LOTE. my daughter is too young at the moment - but i thot just a little exposure to mandarin would be helpful for her when she is older, even if it is conversational mandarin. Her 1st 2.5 years were in the UK where she hardly had exposure to Chinese except at home, so we appreciate how easy it is to get chinese groceries here and to meet other chinese people. it is much more cosmopolitan here.

I would prefer not to go back to Singapore if i could ever help it - the educational system is way way way too stressful. The PSs are Oberthur, Bateman and Lynwood PS SOR, Davallia, Morley and Noranda PS NOR. The SHSs with Mandarin are Rossmoyne, Perth Modern school, Churchlands, Lynwood, Morley, Mt Lawley and Tuart college. you can find info on the individual school in the official wa education website.

i think the chung hwa association also have mandarin lessons - i haven't bothered to check that one out yet.

if you are a Christian, we attended Faith Community Church last weekend - it was all chinese faces there which struck me as rather odd. however, i can see that it might be comforting for many to feel at home in that environment. we are still trying to find a church we are comfortable with, and i am ambivalent about whether to go back there or to continue with our search.

hope this helps.

Archived