Which are the bst beaches in Sydney?

Guest AndyL74

I think it is all about personal taste but i love northern beaches, they are amazing, we spent a day just driving up looking at them all, curl curl, collaroy, lots of them, they are all nice and some are so quiet that some days you can be totally on your own

zoe x

Guest utrique

it depends on where you live and how far you want to travel , there are lovely eastern suburb beaches , coogee, bronte , clovelly, but our favourites are the northern , whale is our favourite but it is hard to pick there are so many , palm, avalon , newport , dee why, narrabeen , spoilt for choice really one for every day of the week !! Enjoy

Guest EmmaDon

we've just come back from the northern beaches, I would have chained myself to the fence if that would have meant staying there - FAB! we mainly went to mona vale - 5 mins drive from where we were staying, and a flat beach, where my nephew does his life saving training (very good for little ones as there are no waves., but driving alongthe coast, there are loads to choose from. I've only been back a few days and missing it already!!

I'd recommend Cronulla Beach. I'm afraid that I never made it to the northern beaches. Manly was nice but busy. Good Surf in Cronulla too. You have the choice of Cronulla Beach itself or Gunnamatta Bay which is nice and warm for a paddle with the kiddies (if you have any?) A bit out of town though, about an hour on the metro if memory serves?

Guest treesea

The eastern suburbs beaches are good - I love Bondi, and the ones further down that coast - Bronte, Coogee and Maroubra. If you go to the Northern beaches, like around Palm Beach, careful about swimming - a wet suit would be wise during the jelly fish season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingnatasha

northern beaches all the way much nicer although manly is busy but worth it driving you have mona vale or palm beach. Bondi is over rated

Guest Ron & Chel

If you head north of sydney central coast you have Avoca beach and terrigal i dont really think it matters where you go the beaches in oz r great no dog doos no rubbish no stones just lovely sand

• 1 month later...
Guest narrabeen

A little bit biased.......................theres a wee patch (ok MY wee patch - he chance would be a fine thing eh, but its so quite it feels like it could be mine) of Narrabeen beach, between Narrabeen n North Narrabeen that is just devine.............

7 mile beach at Gerringong & fishermans beach at Port Kembla, we live at Albion Park, near Shellharbor, 15 mins from Kiama.

I have just spent the last 2 weeks showing our UK visitors the beaches around Sydney and the south coast, I haven't seen a bad one yet, so I think it's a case of the crowded beach or the uncrowded beach.

Shellharbour.jpg

Kiama.jpg

Guest cornishoz

there's often a tanker or 2 sitting offshore from 7 mile on a sunday morning while our boys are at nippers at shoalhaven heads. we live just 5 mins away on coolangatta mt which is the big mounded hill at end of skippys great photo. if you go to gerroa and stop at the Kngsford smith memorial look out you can take the same photo. we always think how lucky we are to live down here when we drop down the hill from there on our way home .skippy are any of your photos in the recent illawarra mercury "best readers photos" supplement?

Guest mutikonka

My favourite is Clovelly, which is great for snorkelling because it is sheltered and has lots of marine life - and a nice cafe. Nielsen Park beach at Vaucluse is also a wonderful place to spend a day with kids - lots to do - and another great cafe! Sydney has loads of hidden coves and bays - I recommend you get the Sydney Beach guide, which details pretty much everything from Terrigal down to Kiama.

507632041_fd8dd6332d.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest PosmMagic

Jellyfish? I've never heard of there being a jellyfish issue! Blubottles occassionally, but they come into every beach from time to time. Yes, there are jellyfish sometimes (great big globby ones) but nothing dangerous - for that you have to go up to QLD!

Guest PosmMagic

Oh, and my personal fav beach on the Northern Beaches is Bilgola. Fav city beach is Bondi. Fav harbour beach is Nielsen Park or Redleaf.

Ahhh, I miss Sydney Beaches!

Guest millicentbee

im slightly biased cos i live at Mona Vale, but there's a reason we tried so hard to move there! Its beautiful. Not a fan of Collaroy or Manly tho.

Guest gdaysydneysider

weeee! beaches!!! my favourite topic!!

I live closer to and prefer the northern beaches but have been spending some more time around Bondi/Bronte lately and it's a nice change. Newport is my fave, bit of a drive but worth it.

Some recent photos for you of Bondi, Palm Beach (Home and Away is filmed here) and Manly

Bondi!

3671232946_09172c16b3.jpg

Learning to surf at Bondi

3670431721_6fbc303afc.jpg

Archived