what is perth like for bricklayers !!!!!

PIPMOSS

Sorry I cant help but would be interested in any answers you might receive. Hubby is a brickie and going to Perth to validate in mid Februry and hope to get as much as an idea as possible when we visit what the job situation is like dont want to risk moving out there until we can be sure hubby can secure work.

Hi ,

How uch work is there in perth and what are the prices like over that side of oz

Thanks Phil:skeptical:

hi phil

i went there last year mate and i have never seen so much work for us brickies !!!!!!!!

the prices were between $800 per thou and $1200

hope this helps

i went round a few places the one day and could have started on nearly all of them, even when i said i was on holiday they said that didn't matter and they would let me borrow their tools ........

make your own mind up as what you think about the work situation, personally i'm off as soon as i can !!!!!!!!!!!:twitcy:

Guest sunseekers

Hi Pipmoss

Our original destination was Perth but because of contacts we have saying the Brickwork is really drying up there we have changed out destination to Brisbane / Sunshine Coast where i believe you can still get work. Its always hard to know till you get there though. I believe you can expect around $2000 - $2500 per week dep on how fast you lay.

Hope this helps x

Guest PommieLady

I moved from Perth last year. There was loads of new buildings/suburbs/estates being built. Many of my colleagues were building their own homes and could not get a bricky for love nor money, one was swindled by this cowboy and had to have walls knocked down. It was pretty much the same state wide. However there has been a recent nose dive in house prices.

A friend of ours (bricky) was applying for sponsored migration, and spent a lot of time, money and emotional stress in the process only to find their sponsor had gone bust when they were awarded their visa. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived