Reccie in Jan \ feb 09

Guest grax2

Hello all

We are heading to Melbourne in Jan \ Feb to validate our visas and were looking for some advice on what to do when we are there. Kate & me (36 going on 19), Connor (turns 16 when we are in oz), Kerry (14 going on 36 :biglaugh:) and Jack (8 and a party in his own head) are all up for a laugh. We are staying in Seaford for 10 days, then CBD for 10 days before travelling home.

As Connor is turing 16, i was going to surprise him with a bungee jump. Also looking to hire a jetski for a couple of days, Luna Park for a day trip, do a nature trail walk, spa day for the 2 weemin so if anyone has any recommendations i would be most grateful for them.

All the best to everyone for the coming New Year i know we are all really excited as this is the year we are coming to Oz.

Cheers

Graham

The science museum is a great day out and cheap. If you have sporty kids they will love it. Werribee zoo is a nice day out too. Drive down the Great Ocean Road (don't forget the travel sick pills) A trip to Sorrento for the biggest and best Vanilla slice you will ever eat! Phillip Island for the penguin parade (don't forget something warm to wear and a cushion to sit on).

Victoria Market and get on the free visitor bus around Melbourne, get off and on as you please. Have lunch on the Southbank. There is also an aquarium and the observation tower.

To be honest I wouldn't worry about not having enough to do, the problem will be having enough time to do it all!

Best wishes and enjoy it, it is a fantastic place

Michelle

Guest The Pom Queen

Hey Graham

Not long now!!!! You will have to go up the Eureka Tower in the CBD. Remember to drop me a line when you get here. Hope Shane is looking after you!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Kate

Guest Pete da Wombat

Might i suggest coming up to visit where i work at The Melbourne Observation Deck at the Rialto, its much cheaper than the Eureka but still great views and we also have free re-entry to come back at night as well as a cafe and an information centre to help plan your time in Melbourne. www.melbourne360rialto.com.au Discounts are available via the website also look on the free city circle tram for 2 for 1 offers.

Thanks everyone for your posts.

We will probably do the Ocean Drive and see some of the sites. The free tourist bus also looks a good bet to really see the CBD. The Rialto wasn't one i had thought about, but having checked the website, we will defo be going.

I have a couple of job interviews when i'm over, and we have decided that if i am offered a job, i will stay on and check out schools, suburbs etc, etc so that the kids can enjoy the reccie as much as possible.

Does anyone know where i can organise a bungee jump for Connor or hire a jetski? I have tried to check out some on the internet with no success. Plenty of places to buy or service a jetski, but nowhere to hire for the day.

Cheers again and we're on a countdown 20 sleeps and counting ............

Graham, Kate & the gang

Archived