Football players wanted

Guest bilby

Having had an excellent response to previous posts on this and other ex pat forums I am encouraged to keep bringing Ballajura FC to the attention on all you poms (and Irish) out there who may have just arrived in WA or who may even be settled here now and are looking to play a good standard of football at a well run local club (NOR).

Without boring everyone to death with a long post I will simply say that Ballajura (Balla) has it's roots firmly in the UK and Ireland and has a big representation of players, coaches and officials from there.

The club has been quite successful in the past couple of years and is looking to strengthen its squad even further by recruiting from new migrants or established players who enjoy a club who play good football, have excellent facilities and enjoy a good social scene as well.

We start pre season in January. Meanwhile I hope ypu all have a great Christmas and New Year - Be safe!

Call or e-mail me... :emoticon-signxmas:

Bill Byrne - Senior Coach

Mobile: 0439 953 957 / e-mail: bill.byrne@hotmail.com

Guest Westozzie

Balla have a great set-up & they have done well last year, winning promotion to the 1st divison Amatuers (WA's 4th tier of first team football). There are pleanty of clubs out there so finding one wont be a problem no matter where you live. www.footballwa.net : Links Here is a link to all levels & most clubs in the state. Football in WA is finally starting to become one of the top sports, which is a huge achivement from where we were only 10 years ago.

My club Balga is just down the road from Ballajura we have had some great games over the years. It is a shame that we wont be playing against them this year as we are in the 2nd Division but maybe next season as we push for promotion. We hope your move down under is a happy one

Balla have a great set-up & they have done well last year, winning promotion to the 1st divison Amatuers (WA's 4th tier of first team football). There are pleanty of clubs out there so finding one wont be a problem no matter where you live. www.footballwa.net : Links Here is a link to all levels & most clubs in the state. Football in WA is finally starting to become one of the top sports, which is a huge achivement from where we were only 10 years ago.

My club Balga is just down the road from Ballajura we have had some great games over the years. It is a shame that we wont be playing against them this year as we are in the 2nd Division but maybe next season as we push for promotion. Balga is also looking for new players, we cant offer as many poms at our club as Ballajura can, but we can offer you a great Australian atmosphere please check our website at www.balgasc.com we hope your move down under is a happy one

Bit oif a shame you felt it necessary to hijack this post Balga

I totally respect every other club and would not do that to you.

Ballajura will not engage in any chest thumping and rely simply on our message of welcome to any players interested in coming down to the club.

I am pleased to say we have had quite a few in the past few weeks.

All are welcome.

Bill Byrne

Guest Westozzie

Im sorry if you thought I was trying to hijack your post Bill. My post was more about football in genral rather than just my club. Dont know why you would need to worry about a post of this nature. I have now edited my post.

Bit oif a shame you felt it necessary to hijack this post Balga

I totally respect every other club and would not do that to you.

Ballajura will not engage in any chest thumping and rely simply on our message of welcome to any players interested in coming down to the club.

I am pleased to say we have had quite a few in the past few weeks.

All are welcome.

Bill Byrne

Think i`m over hill mate but think you are doing a grand job

Mally

Im sorry if you thought I was trying to hijack your post Bill. My post was more about football in genral rather than just my club. Dont know why you would need to worry about a post of this nature. I have now edited my post.

that's cool westozzie.

I'm not really upset. Balga is a good club too

Bill

Guest mackemsok

I am moving to Perth area probably mid march to work in Perth university. I am 37 years old and have played football both Sat afternoons and Sun mornings for about 20 years and would love to continue playing when I reach Oz. I obviously am classed as a veteren now so was wondering if there is a league in which I wouldn't show myself up in?

Guest Westozzie

Hi Mackemsok, The vetrans leauge is from the age of 35 so you will be able to play in that leauge. Depending on where you move to you will most likely be near a club that has Vets, as there are about 5 leagues for vets played on a sunday.

Hi Mackemsok

Like westozzie said there is a veterans league here in Perth and depending upon your own standard you may want to look around as some of them are very strong and some are very "social" in that they are quite casual in their approach to training etc.

It depends upon you. If you want to play competitive football or if you just want a social game.

There are some players here who at your age are still playing amateur league and doing well at it.

Ballajura has both and Amateur squad and a veterans squad.

Good luck in your move

Guest kiwi-pom

Hi There, We are moving to the Rockingham area in a couple of weeks, Have packed the 'footie' boots already in case! Where would you reccomend a 16 yr old and 11 yr old play?? They both have played in nz for last 4 seasons, youngest is also a cracking goalie! Just tell me where and when for training!! thanks..

Hi Kiwi Pom

There is a big club in Rockingham with teams of all levels and age groups.

You wont have any trouble.

Regds

Bill

Guest kiwi-pom

Hi Bill, Many Thanks for the info. We will look into it on arrival! Good luck for the pre-season, cya on the field. Both boys smiling now they cant wait.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Having had an excellent response to previous posts on this and other ex pat forums I am encouraged to keep bringing Ballajura FC to the attention on all you poms (and Irish) out there who may have just arrived in WA or who may even be settled here now and are looking to play a good standard of football at a well run local club (NOR).

Without boring everyone to death with a long post I will simply say that Ballajura (Balla) has it's roots firmly in the UK and Ireland and has a big representation of players, coaches and officials from there.

The club has been quite successful in the past couple of years and is looking to strengthen its squad even further by recruiting from new migrants or established players who enjoy a club who play good football, have excellent facilities and enjoy a good social scene as well.

We start pre season in January. Meanwhile I hope ypu all have a great Christmas and New Year - Be safe!

Call or e-mail me... :emoticon-signxmas:

Bill Byrne - Senior Coach

Mobile: 0439 953 957 / e-mail: bill.byrne@hotmail.com

This is a shameless bump! :laugh:

With the pre season due to start in 2 weeks time I am again inviting any newly arrived or soon to arrive players with experience and abilty to contact me

Bill Byrne (details as above)

Hi there Bill, So where do Balla play? n,e,s,w of Perth? Or are you in Rockingham too?

We're here now! Thanks... K-P

A long way from Rockingham, I'm afraid. About 10-12 kms north of Perth

Watchin the a league think i`ll have tp get my boots out

Mally

The A league is ****.

I have a few guys with me who have played pro / semi pro in UK and they laugh at the standard.

Even though we are just amateurs at ballajura we have some good players

Archived