Selling a UK House

kdyer12

Just thought I would start an uptempo thread for all of you who are dependent on selling your UK home, and are slowly watching your equity drain away as you peek through the curtains everytime passers by stop to look at your for sale board.

We put our house on in September and had one viewing, they came back twice but no offer. We planned to go to Oz in January, but without the equity in the house in the bank, we could'nt even afford the cab fare to the airport.

As xmas drew closer, our hearts sank, even a serious price reduction made no difference, the estate agent said his books were thin and the only way we could sell would be to give it away.

Then at the weekend he called, a chain had broken down and a family has sold their house and had to move in with the dreaded in laws. They had the cash but no home.

Well we did'nt get our asking price, but what the hell we will have to work harder and the dream is back on.

My point is that things happen when you least expect them and somewhere out there everyone has a buyer. try not to believe all the hype and although it may take longer keep believing that it can happen!!

I empathise with anyone who must sell to go to Oz and we are feeling incredibly fortunate...........poorer than we thought but.........fortunate

Ken and Amanda

Off to Melbourne early 2009:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Ken and Amanda

Glad to hear you have managed to sell your house in time to start you new life in oz at the beginning of 2009!!!!

Good luck!

michelle x:emoticon-signxmas:

Archived