Relationship worries and Prospective Marriage visa

Guest StephenWard9

Guest StephenWard9

Hi there,

We're in the process of applying for our Prospective Marriage visa at the moment.

We've been together just over 2 years and my partner has been with me for a year in England and I've been in OZ for 3 months previously.

My concern is that apart from another 3 week holiday in August, we haven't been together in person since March. In March we went to China together to teach English but my partner left shortly after arriving and we broke up.

We were back together within a couple of months and are now engaged, but since then our relationship has been phone and email based !!!!

Has anyone got any experience of applying for Prospective Marriage visas with similar long distant relationships that may not have been perfect and flawless (are they ever?). We should have a descent amount of evidence but I'm just a little worried about what they might think.

Best wishes

Steve

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Stephen

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have no personal experience of your situation and I am not a migration agent.

Have you submitted the visa application as yet? If not, do you intend to submit it in the UK? If your answers are "no" and "yes" why not try e-mailing the AHC to explain the situation and ask whether they can foresee any problems given the facts?

Visas and migration - Australian High Commission

I would have thought that since it is to be a Prospective Marriage visa there is little to worry about from DIAC's end. If you two do not stay together it is only a short, temporary visa anyway.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived