Case Officer Query

eammon

First of all, if the answer to this question is very obvious, I will apologise now.

We only lodged our visa around 3 weeks ago, so I know we're a long way off getting a Case Officer - that doesn't stop me however, checking our online status on a daily basis, in this obsessive manner that I seem to have acquired since we started this process :realmadxmas:

But when the day we get a CO finally arrives, how do you know.... where does it say.... what does it say......? :unsurexmas:

Denise x

Hi Denise

Great question - sorry I don't know the answer though, will be interested to see what the answer is.

Join the club - I too am clearly obsessed with checking our status on a daily basis and we're 5 months down the line, so it doesn't get any better! :wacko:

Have a lovely Christmas and wish you all the best for 2009.

Kim x

Hi Denise & Kim,

I too was obsesed with online status and checked every day for 9 months. We knew we had a case officer when we were asked to get meds & police checks done at about 7 months. I have read somewhere that the processing times for state sponsored 176's are quicker than family sponsored ones.

My OH is also a chippie. Where are you heading in WA?

x Shell xx

Hi everyone, I think it is "Application being processed further " (the line below Application fee received) in my case.

Good luck everyone;)

You might not know you even have a case officer though-They are sneaky little *******!:biglaugh:

My application had been for about 6 1/2 months and NOTHING had been updated, no meds, police checks-nothing.(I frontloaded about 4 months into application)

I did what Gollywobbler told me to do and sent an enquiry off to DIAC, as I was concerned that my meds had got misplaced, as everybody said 'your meds usually show as finalised within about a month of them receiving the meds'. Mine nothing.

Anyway, just had a email back saying meds have been finalized, and my file is with a case officer!!!!

Online status still shows no change from the day I lodged!!!!

You will never work them out!:arghh:

Guest hartleys

Hi Denise

With us it showed on our status page, documents changed from recieved to met then we got an email requesting additional info but as mongoose says sometimes your page goes straight to application successful. Are you going to front load meds etc?

Good luck

Lisa

Guest kkris.san

hi mongoose,

this is krisha and i have front loaded my medicals ..our application was acknowledged on 22nd july 2008, and we sent our medicals on oct 208 ...the status page showed as "recieved" on the 11th of november.... but still no change as to "FINALISED" WHEN WILL IT CHANGE?? DO U HAVE ANY IDEA? GILL TOLD ME TO SEND AN EMAIL TO THEM AND I DID SO ON LAST FRIDAY NIGHT..ITS TUESDAY TODAY BUT NO REPLY FROM THEM......

CAN U SEND ME THE LINK WHERE I CAN SEND MY ENQUIRY....PLS IT WILL BE REALLY A BIG HELP....

THANKS IN ADVANCE

TAKECARE\

KRISHA

Hi Denise & Kim,

I too was obsesed with online status and checked every day for 9 months. We knew we had a case officer when we were asked to get meds & police checks done at about 7 months. I have read somewhere that the processing times for state sponsored 176's are quicker than family sponsored ones.

My OH is also a chippie. Where are you heading in WA?

x Shell xx

Hi Shell and Kim

Thanks - glad to know I'm not the only one..... I promised myself I wouldn't start looking until we were at least a couple of months after lodging, but there I go, before I know it I'm logged in to the DIAC status website.

Not sure where we're heading yet, I keep adding suburbs and area's to our list where I think we might go, but it's so long now. Quite fancy Duncraig or Kinross, but also Secret Harbour... How about you, where are you heading for?

Denise x

Hi Denise

With us it showed on our status page, documents changed from recieved to met then we got an email requesting additional info but as mongoose says sometimes your page goes straight to application successful. Are you going to front load meds etc?

Good luck

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the info. No - we're not going to front load our meds and police checks, as we haven't even got our house on the market yet, so I guess there's no rush although would like to think we might be over there in time for next christmas. We've sort of decided that even if our visa came though really quickly, we would wait until November/December in time for the new school year which I think is February?

How long did it take your status page to change to documents received - ours is still showing as required, which I think is pretty normal?

Denise x :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest hartleys

Hi Denise

I had to attach all our documents via email as the link didnt work which was good really as it ment our documents showed as recieved within a couple of days.

Lisax

Guest ashmalog
You might not know you even have a case officer though-They are sneaky little *******!

My application had been for about 6 1/2 months and NOTHING had been updated, no meds, police checks-nothing.(I frontloaded about 4 months into application)

I did what Gollywobbler told me to do and sent an enquiry off to DIAC, as I was concerned that my meds had got misplaced, as everybody said 'your meds usually show as finalised within about a month of them receiving the meds'. Mine nothing.

Anyway, just had a email back saying meds have been finalized, and my file is with a case officer!!!!

Online status still shows no change from the day I lodged!!!!

You will never work them out!

i was assigned to a co on 3/12/08 but my status page did not update until today 17/12/08. I think this is because i received an email from co asking to clarify a point. i did however ring aspc last night just to check as it had been 2 wks and we knew we had a case officer.

bonnie :emoticon-signxmas:

Archived