Quinn Rocks & Butler areas??

Guest Karl&van

Guest Karl&van

Hi can anyone give us their opinion on living in Quinn Rocks and Butler areas. We are applying for our visas and my partner has passed the skills test. Got four young children, is there much going on in these areas? As the house prices seem pretty reasonable. Also are there many schools in the area?

Guest stevebison2000

quite a few schools in the area. as well as small lakes and parks. loads of english live there.

seems very family orintated to me. quinns rock has some nice areas and some not so

nice areas. i prefer butler myself. prices are very good value for money in butler. quinns may be slightly more expensive as it is a fraction closer to the see.

we did live in butler but it was just to far from the city for work. if you catch the train to work its

not so bad. but im a tradesman so have to drive and the traffic is quite heavy. i left at 06:30

and it still took and hour to the city.

other than be fairly far out its a lovely quiet place.

Hi, Butler was the first place we visited and felt 'yes, we could live here'. We checked out the state primary schools and they looked okay. There is a high school being built but not sure when that opens, it's years until our son would go there. Beware though that Clarkson High School isn't well regarded. Have a look on www.Aussiemove.com at the suburb profile.

In the end we decided not to live there because of the distance from the city. There are plenty of suburbs much nearer & just as reasonable if you are happy to buy a 'pre-loved' house and where the schools are well established and have good reputations.

Jules

Hi

We visited Quinn Rocks on someone's recomendation and actually when we were there we didn't like it. I don't mean to upset anyone who lives there. It just didn't feel right to us.

We also went to Ellenbrook and that was because I'd read about it on here.We didn't like that either!

What I mean to say is it's all so different on the ground. I'm not talking about anywhere being better than another, I'm talking about your gut feeling when you stand somewhere and look around, does it feel right to you?. There are places that are in your price bracket and places not. And there are places that feel right or not. Ellenbrook for example, I would be so unhappy living there - I know I wouldn't think it would've been worth moving to the other side of the planet for.

Honestly- no offence intended.

Tinternet is a marvelous thing - but you have a heart and soul too. You'll find the right spot when you're standind on it!!!

All the best and good luck

Hi

We visited Quinn Rocks on someone's recomendation and actually when we were there we didn't like it. I don't mean to upset anyone who lives there. It just didn't feel right to us.

We also went to Ellenbrook and that was because I'd read about it on here.We didn't like that either!

What I mean to say is it's all so different on the ground. I'm not talking about anywhere being better than another, I'm talking about your gut feeling when you stand somewhere and look around, does it feel right to you?. There are places that are in your price bracket and places not. And there are places that feel right or not. Ellenbrook for example, I would be so unhappy living there - I know I wouldn't think it would've been worth moving to the other side of the planet for.

Tinternet is a marvelous thing - but you have a heart and soul too. You'll find the right spot when you're standind on it!!!

If you like new build estates then these places will suit you. I don't so I also don't like them.

They are not bad areas just a little sterile for me.

Hi

You couldn't have put it better, this was our experience on our reccy exactly - I had researched and researched on the internet and HATED the place we thought we'd want to settle. We reverted to a place we'd originally considered & the houses we could afford were just yuck! It was all rather traumatic - we loved Perth but began to think the places we'd want to live we couldn't afford. Butler was the first place we felt we could live although there were things we didn't like, same with Secret Harbour. We hated both Rockingham & Mandurah and yet I know there are plenty of people who love them. For us Fremantle was the place that made our heart and soul sing.

Jules

Archived