Options for a learning disability nurse?

Guest roxanne1982

Guest roxanne1982

Hey,

Ive been a learning disability nurse for about 4 years which I've really enjoyed and now I'm seriously looking at the option of going over to Australia next year sometime. However, I'm having great difficulty trying to find equivilant jobs over there. I know we are recognised in areas yet there doesnt seem to be a great demmand.

Does anyone have any pointers?

More than anything I want to go over there, so if Learning Disability Nursing isn't an option, would it be tough getting a job in another area (nursing or otherwise)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Roxanne!

Welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

Have you seen the nurses thread...???

Here's the link:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/30382-official-nurses-thread.html

You could try posting this there or there may be nurses on there in a similar position to you...!

Lots of Luck with all of your plans...!!!

Where abouts in Oz are you hoping for?

Take care,

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest roxanne1982

Thanks! I did have a look, I will repost! Did seem to be leaning towards general/adult nursing tho. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!

Not sure on where abouts yet, suppose it depends on my options! Thanks for replying

Roxanne

Guest WARDStoOZ
Thanks! I did have a look, I will repost! Did seem to be leaning towards general/adult nursing tho. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!

Not sure on where abouts yet, suppose it depends on my options! Thanks for replying

Roxanne

It's a pleasure! Lots of Luck...!!!

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Archived