Police and Medical Checks

Guest Sean DaCat

Guest Sean DaCat

A followup question. I am in the process of acquiring my visa and I have done the police and medical checks already, and I understand that you have to enter Australia within one year of getting those checks. What I don't understand is what is the process for entering Australia? Do I tell them I am in the process of trying to migrate? Do I give them forms? I'm not sure I understand what it means to "enter within a year".

A followup question. I am in the process of acquiring my visa and I have done the police and medical checks already, and I understand that you have to enter Australia within one year of getting those checks. What I don't understand is what is the process for entering Australia? Do I tell them I am in the process of trying to migrate? Do I give them forms? I'm not sure I understand what it means to "enter within a year".

not sure if you have to enter oz within one year of meds and police checks tbh, we had to get an enhanced police check towards the end of our application even though we had got a police check earlier on in the process, our agent said this was to cover the intervening period, i know we have to validate our visa within a year of getting it,june 09. someone will be along to help you soon who is more up to date with things than me,good luck anyway

Noooooooo, you have to get your skills accessed first, then apply for your visa, then the meds and police check.You might have wasted your money.Please ask gill (gollywobbler), she will help you more.

Daz

Your meds and police checks are only valid for a year.

So, lets say you had them done in October, then you would need to have your visa granted and enter Aus by October of next year.

Entering means all members on the application need to phyically enter Aus (Together), and have your visa-which is glued into your passport-stamped. You have a letter-I beleive- and you send this grant letter along with your passports to Aus house to have the visa stuck in. You can then either stay in Aus or fly home.

Once the visa is stamped, you have 5 years in which to go and settle in Aus, or the visa becomes invalid.

You should really leave your meds and police checks till they are requested, but some people choose to 'front load' them with their application. The only problem with this, is that the meds/ploice checks can expire if your visa is not granted in time.

You would then have to re do meds and police checks to ensure they are current.

Hope this helps, and I hope Iv'e got it right!

Archived