please translate AQF quals

kellyjamie

Hi guys can someone anyone please explain the AQF qualifications, i need to know what they transfer to here in the UK? ive been on their website and cant find anything to tell me, ie is AQF level 3 the same as NVQ level 3?? is their AQF diploma the same as our HNC or HND? their advanced diploma?? until i know what they mean im sure of our uk qualifications, cheers guys x:emoticon-signxmas:

i said i didnt know how accurate they were

Yep you didn't, and they are hopelessly wrong in some comparisons/equivalents. Others I'm not sure about.

The thing about quals is its always a good idea to get them officially compared to Aussie standards by an Australian state or Federal dept once you're here.

Most Aussies don't have a clue as to thier comparative worth and can't be bothered to check often.

Guest tomatohead

kellyjamie sorry about that i was given that by a good source i know that you can go to norac uk and they will defo give you an equivilancy but you have to pay them #

tom

Hi guys can someone anyone please explain the AQF qualifications, i need to know what they transfer to here in the UK? ive been on their website and cant find anything to tell me, ie is AQF level 3 the same as NVQ level 3?? is their AQF diploma the same as our HNC or HND? their advanced diploma?? until i know what they mean im sure of our uk qualifications, cheers guys x:emoticon-signxmas:

Roughly!

AQF3 = NVQ3

Diploma = ONC/HNC

Advance diploma = HNC

I would put an HND higher than Advance Dip (but Australia might not?).

My OH has just completed a diploma here and wouldn't put it anywhere near an HNC, probably not ONC either unless standards have really dropped over the last 25 yrs. :smile:

Aussie tradesmen must have at least AQF 3 together with a four years apprenticeship not Advanced Dip/NQV 4.

An NVQ 4 is nowhere near a Grad Dip. A grad dip is 3-6 months study off a Masters while an NVQ 4 sits below a Bachelors somewhere near a diploma or AQF 4.

Hope this helps some?

Guest tomatohead

so when you say " you wouldnt put it anywhere near "your not going off anything official just what you think they are equivelant to

tom

so when you say " you wouldnt put it anywhere near "your not going off anything official just what you think they are equivelant to

tom

:biglaugh:

Yes and No!

My NQV3 was used to assess my minimum requirement for a ARTC Australian Recognised Trade Cert.

My HNC was assessed by NSW Dept of Ed as equivalent to an Associate Diploma (which is now split into 2 - Diploma and Advance Diploma). They give you a nice little certificate. lol

My Grad Cert was assessed by NOOSR as equivalent to an Australian Grad Cert.

My OH's OND was assessed by NSW Ed as higher than a Cert 4 approaching an Associate Diploma. She's just completed an Australia Diploma and thinks the comparison is not fair but that's besides the point.

Finally its a good idea to get something off Aus gov websites (usually pdf's) which give a direct comparison and attach them to all your certs for future reference for employers should they care, which they sometimes do in the early days. Its a bit of a pain to do, though worth it.

thanks to both of you for that info, i asked because the job my husband does here is very similar to DIACs description of welfare worker but he has no qualifications tho hes been doing it now for 3 years so we were looking at what they req for him to maybe do something heres and they said degree or aqf diploma? so weve been trying to work out if a diploma here would transfer and give him the required criteria?? its all so flippin confusing! thanks again:confusedxmas:

Archived