TRA certified copies

Guest bewildered

Guest bewildered

Hi

I've noticed over the last couple of months that people applying for skills assessments are paying a fortune to solicitors to have their documents certified. My husband had his successful TRA application back last month. We had all our documents certified by a friend who was a teacher. We rang TRA to check this was ok and they said that anyone who is a notary public can sign ie anyone who can sign passport applications in the uk.

Hope this helps

why don't the agents tell you this?! I am a civil servant and could of done this for friends and family as I am allowed to sign passports. Would have made our lives so much easier if we had known that. Thanks alot for your message tho - I'm sure you have made a big difference to others on the site, very helpful.

Guest bewildered

glad i could help. I read on another site that a chap had used a chartered accountant friend for his main applicant and he didn't have any problems. Will try and find the post.

Guest bewildered

Re: Tra Advice - Who Certifies It?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reid Family

Hi,

Can anyone help me? Who has to certify all your paperwork for TRA to be sent? Does it have to be a solicitor?

Thanks

No, this is what the TRA website say's:

Certifying person. Your country has suitably qualified people who are able to witness your signature on a legal document, e.g. lawyer, doctor, policeman, school teacher.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...ms.htm#Certify

Guest bewildered

Hi Me again

Sorry it is such a long quote. It took ages to find. i must remeber to take notes of where i look. Hope this clarifies things. Just to be clear this is a quote from a guy on a different site. britishexpats.com under the thread certifying?

Hope this helps

Re: Certifing ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tearose

When you are getting copies of birth certificates and others and you have to have someone state that it is a true copy etc, who do you need to sign them and do they just put there signature on the copy ?

theres a load of confusion regarding certified copies

read the relevant information on the tra / visa application websites and certify the copies in accordance with the information given

info of site

Certified document. Documents that have been certified or guaranteed by a certifying person as a true copy of the original document.

Certifying person. Your country has suitably qualified people who are able to witness your signature on a legal document, e.g. lawyer, doctor, policeman, school teacher.

so who ever can sign a legal document in your country is acceptable

i used a company director as in the uk any of the following can be used to sign an appication for a uk passport ( how legal do you want the document )

taken from UK passport web site

Who can countersign my application?

After you have completed the form in full, including section 9, section 10 should be completed and signed by one of the people below, or someone of similar standing in the community, who has known you for at least 2 years.

The latest version of the application form asks the countersignatory to enter their current British passport number (Irish passport numbers are also acceptable). This is necessary to enable us to check identity.

You should give the countersignatory your complete application together with photographs, documents fee and envelope, so that they can seal the application after completing section 10. (In the case of a child section 10 should be signed by someone of the relevant standing who has personally known the person who signs the declaration at section 9 rather than the child).

Acceptable countersignatures:

Accountant

Articled clerk of a limited company

Assurance agent of recognised company

Bank/building society official

Barrister

Broker

Chairman/director of limited company

Chemist

Chiropodist

Christian Science practitioner

Commissioner of oaths

Councillor: local or county

Civil servant (permanent)

Dentist

Engineer (with professional qualifications)

Fire service official

Funeral director

Insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company

Journalist

Justice of the Peace

Legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries)

Local government officer

Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)

Member of Parliament

Merchant Navy officer

Minister of a recognised religion

Nurse (SRN and SEN)

Officer of the armed services (active or retired)

Optician

Person with honours (e.g. OBE MBE etc.)

Photographer (professional)

Police officer

Post Office official

President/Secretary of a recognised organisation

Salvation Army officer

Social worker

Solicitor

Surveyor

Teacher, lecturer

Trade union officer

Travel agency (qualified)

Valuers and auctioneers (fellow and associate members of the incorporated society)

Warrant officers and Chief Petty Officers

now when i mentioned this last time i was shouted down by a load of

I KNOW BETTERS

and as i was new to this ( arnt we all at some stage )

i quitely crapped myself ( the visa application had already been sent )

so i emailed

adelaide.skilled.centre@immi.gov.au

i expalined why i had used a company director and to my suprise they emailed me back saying that it was quite acceptable

as long as it was a person that would normally sign legal documents in the uk is was ok

Archived