pet shipping Help please

Guest stue116

Guest stue116

Hello all,

Got a question for a friend can anyone recommend pet shipping company, and rough cost for small dogs (3 terrier's) and the procedure.

Can't seem to find anything on the search appreciate your help.

Sam :emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Ya

We were quoted £2332.00 by Golden Arrow Tel: 01588 680240 and £3573.00 by Pet Air ( they also did a quote of £2358.00 but that was with you doing all of the paperwork which is quite complicated)

both quotes are for two tibetan terriers

You will also have quarrantine charges on top of this which are payable in oz see Fees for government animal quarantine stations for cats and dogs - DAFF

Hope this helps

Claire

Guest Colin R

Hi there

Give Andy Wylie a call on 01223 290249 at Pinehawk Kennels he sorted out all the arrangements to ship our 2 Jack Russells . What he dosent know about shipping is not worth knowing. His kennels are in Newmarket so not too far from you we came from near Milton Keynes . Andy called to measure them and they loved him from the min he got in the door. He pointed us in the right direction for forms from Defra and also the paperwork from Australian Gov. The cost of shipping the 2 was and it was in 2006 so it has gone up like everything else was GBR 1678 this was for the shipping box included . Both the boys travelled together seperated by a mesh . They have had no ill effects from the journey and love it over here. In Melbourne quarentine centre they kenneled together. Andy even phoned up to check that they had got there OK. His thoughtfulness and pleasent manner put my mind at rest and made the whole process so much easier at least he didnt just think of us and the boys as a pound sign.

best wishes and good luck

Sally

PS

our friends moved here in Feb and shipped their 2 labradors over by Pinehawk and they felt the same about Pinehawk as us

Guest spottymercedes
Hi there

Give Andy Wylie a call on 01223 290249 at Pinehawk Kennels he sorted out all the arrangements to ship our 2 Jack Russells . What he dosent know about shipping is not worth knowing. His kennels are in Newmarket so not too far from you we came from near Milton Keynes . Andy called to measure them and they loved him from the min he got in the door. He pointed us in the right direction for forms from Defra and also the paperwork from Australian Gov. The cost of shipping the 2 was and it was in 2006 so it has gone up like everything else was GBR 1678 this was for the shipping box included . Both the boys travelled together seperated by a mesh . They have had no ill effects from the journey and love it over here. In Melbourne quarentine centre they kenneled together. Andy even phoned up to check that they had got there OK. His thoughtfulness and pleasent manner put my mind at rest and made the whole process so much easier at least he didnt just think of us and the boys as a pound sign.

best wishes and good luck

Sally

PS

our friends moved here in Feb and shipped their 2 labradors over by Pinehawk and they felt the same about Pinehawk as us

Wow thats a good price, and for 2 dogs. Very impressed.

We used Pet Air and they were brilliant and couldn't be faulted. Would recommend them anytime.

thank you all I have passed all info onto them,cheers sam.

You better get them to check if they are allowed to have 3 dogs some councils in Wa frown on it and I think you have to have a special license as well and if rentin ???

Mally

PIO Turnip

Guest Colin R

In Tasmania we need a kennel licence for 3 dogs and more. every state is different . Someone came from the local council and checked the fences, and dogs sleeping arrangements. We have 3 dogs 2 jack Russels and a Labradoodle and we had no problems with getting licence

I did all my paperwork myself..... but what did you expect, I did the TRA and the visa myself too!!! It's not difficult, just a bit fiddly!

Just used an agent for the flight and provision of the crate.

she's weimaraner, so quite large.....the cost of the flight and crate was £2444.45! the actual cost of the flight (Quarantine gave me the airway bill) was £1875, so the shipping agent got quite a cut!

If you want any further information or help with the forms, just pm me!

Ali :emoticon-signxmas:

Archived