Hey all, Extra curricular lessons in the sydney area

Guest becci14

Guest becci14

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone knows about whether i could take extra curricular lessons outside of school or even after school. At my current school (Chipping Campden in Gloucsester) i got to choose 5 extra subjects outside of the core subjects (maths, english and science) and i also got to choose one particular type of science (single subject, traditional or some other thing) and ive recently found out that i only get to choose 2 subjects outside the core subjects and i dont get an extra choice in sciences. As you would expect i was a bit disappointed when i found this out, but im hoping that i will be able to take extra lessons outside school/or after school. I am going to be going to Mater Maria Catholic College in Warriewood (north of syney) if anyone could let me know about extra curricular lessons avaliable in the surrounding area i would be very much appreciative :) :cutexmas:

thanks alot

xx

becci :)

P.s. :emoticon-signxmas: :D lol and if anyone knows if i could take French and German outside school this would help me alot. i wish to continue with them as i think i am doing quite well and it would be good for me later in life if i know some foreign languages.

Cheers :) x again

xx

becci :) (merry christmas all :D)

Hello Becci, welcome to the beautiful Northern beaches. There is a website called www.kidspot.com.au and they will give you a list of tutors in Sydney. I don't think you will have much luck at school with the extra subjects, disappointing yes but why not wait till you get here and then see how you feel? You might change your mind as there is so much to take in and do in this part of the world. Also you may like to consider learning Mandarin or Japanese languages? These are much more useful in this part of the world and much sought after in the job market when you finish your education. Good luck and hope you enjoy Oz. Cheers, Jo

Guest becci14

Thanks jo,

Ive already attempted to start learning japanese but i just couldnt grasp the whole new alphabet on top of learning a new language plus i know that this is only avaliable to the more advanced students in laguage which, although i am doing well in the languages i am sudying, i think is not particually me. Also i have spent 3 1/3 years french and 2 1/3 on german so its a bit silly to stop doing it now. my new head teacher has e-mailed my mum about extra lessons that i could take and she says that she might be able to pull some strings so i can take 3 or, if im lucky, 4 instead of just the 2. And she has said that unfortunately the school cannot offer me the german and french but i can go to college after school or do the equvilent of an open university course when i get there. thanks very much for the link, i am currently looking through it and finding it very useful :)

xx

becci :)

The Alliance Francaise in Canberra does French courses and I am sure that you would find an equivalent in Sydney Alliance Francaise Sydney

You can also do evening courses at some places - like TAFE or community centres if you want to expand your repertoire. I wouldnt worry too much - you will find that your course is filled and the way that education is structured, kids do a much broader range of subjects well into their uni years so there will be time to pick up those areas you think may be missing during your HS and you wont be disadvantaged.

Hi Becci, just found this in the local paper which will be your local rag too, there is a french conversation group that meet in Mona Vale library from 4.30 to 6.30 on a Wednesday. Nothing like practising speaking a language to help you improve so might be worth a look. Have a look at www.manlydaily.com.au and it will give a list of groups and event in the area and might be of help you you. Cheers, Jo:emoticon-signxmas:

Archived