Sydney - PIO Christmas Party

Guest Eindhoven

Guest Eindhoven

Anyone up for a PIO Christmas Party?

I was thinking Saturday 20th at the Argyle again?

Let me know your thoughts:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest mutikonka

Would love to be there but I'll be overseas - trekking in Tibet, in fact. Have a great Christmas, enjoy the sun and I look forward to more social events in 2009.

Guest Eindhoven

One of the PIO's has very kindly offered to go to their house for our very own POOL PARTY!

As long as we take our own drink and food and behave responsibly. This could work out much cheaper than a night at the Argyle.

Any thoughts?

One of the PIO's has very kindly offered to go to their house for our very own POOL PARTY!

As long as we take our own drink and food and behave responsibly. This could work out much cheaper than a night at the Argyle.

Any thoughts?

Sounds intersting...who is this mystery person.....its not Earlswood is it!!!???hahahah

Guest rebeccajames smith

Thanks for your message Eindhoven,

Just to confirm the we will be attending on the 20th. As discussed, if we are welcome at the house party then great, however, the Argle is a great place and either will make for a good night.

Looking forward to it.

Hi,

My boyfriend and I moved to Sydney 3 months ago and are loving it here. Would be good to meet up with a few other expats some time. If you're planning a meet and don't mind a couple more tagging along let us know the details.

Hopefully meet you soon.

Kate

Guest gordon1

Hi,

We're in a similar position to Kate - my boyfriend and I moved to Sydney recently and would love to meet some people (and maybe make some friends!). If we would be welcome to tag along (?), we'd love to meet up on the 20th.

Ellie and Paul

Guest Sydneybound

Hey there

I am heading on over to Sydney as soon as possible wit my other half and daughter (we are 34 years old, she's 14 years old).

Are there many meet ups with people of my daughters age involved - I'm not too concerned about me and the other half settling in, but am concerned and want to do as much as I can to help my daughter make friends and settle in.

Thanks for reading.:jiggy:

Guest Eindhoven

Hi

Sorry have been soooooo busy at work. Most of the guys are going to watch the carols at The Botanical Gardens which starts at 8.30 for a while then heading over the the Argyle. I think the carols will be too packed and we can't get there early enough to secure a spot so we'll be at the Argyle from about 8.30/9.00

See you there

Guest Eindhoven

If it's not raining yes we'll be outside.

I will be in a long maxi dress which has a white background with a black, green & purple pattern on it. If you are on Facebook I am Tracey Hodson and I'm wearing that dress in my profile pic with another lady.

See you there!

Guest movingtooz123

HI ya this sounds really good but im moving over to sydney on the 3rd jan and wondering if you do meet ups very often? im travelling over on my own and hopefully looking to make some new friends and wondered where the best places would be.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

stacy

Guest Eindhoven

Hi Stacy and welcome to PIO!

We try and do these as often as we can. With Christmas coming up there's more than usual. However if you are coming on 3rd Jan I suppose our next 'big' event will be Australia Day on 26th Jan, but we are always up for a meet (the power of alcohol has nothing to do with it!)

Where abouts are you planning on staying?

Keep your eyes posted as I am always posting events and sudden impulse nights out.

Guest rebeccajames smith

Thanks for a good night, it was was really great to see some new faces and make new friends. Looking forward to the next one.

Guest Eindhoven

Yes another successful night.

Just want to thank you guys as I am now actually looking forward to Christmas now, we'll have a great day on the beach and am soooo looking forward to the races on Boxing Day.

For any new guys that want to join us on either Christmas Day or Boxing day let me know and I'll tell you how you can find us.

Roll on Thursday!

Yes another successful night.

Just want to thank you guys as I am now actually looking forward to Christmas now, we'll have a great day on the beach and am soooo looking forward to the races on Boxing Day.

For any new guys that want to join us on either Christmas Day or Boxing day let me know and I'll tell you how you can find us.

Roll on Thursday!

Us at the races!!......YouTube - My Fair Lady - Ascot scene

hahahaha

Guest movingtooz123
Hi Stacy and welcome to PIO!

We try and do these as often as we can. With Christmas coming up there's more than usual. However if you are coming on 3rd Jan I suppose our next 'big' event will be Australia Day on 26th Jan, but we are always up for a meet (the power of alcohol has nothing to do with it!)

Where abouts are you planning on staying?

Keep your eyes posted as I am always posting events and sudden impulse nights out.

HI ya thanks for reply, 26th of jan would be great im sure i will just be settling in by then.

I have no idea where i am staying yet i wondered if you would have any advise on this, im travelling on a working visa for a year and looking to get some work and rent a room somewhere not too expensive but safe too.

Will keep my eyes peeled then for latest events, thanks for your help

Stacy

Guest Eindhoven

Hi Stacy

What line of work are you in? There are plenty of places to stay although be sure to check them out first before you commit as some places are dives! Domain.com.au is good to check out and they do sharing too if you would rather share.

We live on the lower North Shore about 20 mins from the centre of the city by bus. Most people stay south near Bondi, Coogee or Darlinghurst areas these are great areas for work and transport.

I will warn you though trying to find work in January is tough. I arrived here in January this year and it took me 4 weeks to get a job as it's the summer holidays and everything basically shuts down. Check out Seek.com.au for jobs, that's where I got mine in the end.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything

Archived