Nurses on 457-advice please on health cover

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

To all nurses working on 457 visas in Oz-

I have been advised by my new employer that I need to take out private health insurance, I already knew about this but was hoping it would be a bit cheaper than it is! I have been given details of 'Medibanks' policy, does anyone have any advice on other cheaper companies that provide working visa health insurance?

Also how do I go about getting a police check?

Many thanks x

Guest tandcmum

www.austhealth.com seem to do a reasonably priced plan. I've heard that nurses are asked to get health insurance as most come from countries which don't have the reciprocal agreement and i know of a few nurses who actually haven't bothewred, although i think i would be happier getting a plan of some sorts

Hello Guys,

Lots of Temporary Residents use: www.aushealth.com for health cover. But there are others - it is worth shopping around.

You now need to organise Police Clearance for immigration purposes here:

Association of Chief Police Officers Vacancies

The cost is £35. I should point out that Police Clearance is often not requested for 457 visa's.

I hope this helps:smilexmas:

Regards

Stephen Dickson

Director Migration Outcomes Australia

Registered Migration Agent Number 0640511

Member of Migration Institute of Australia 2602

www.migrateaus.com.au

Guest tandcmum

If I'm write Fiona the police check is for the hospital rather than immigration (well seeings you already have your visa) as i'm sure it says you must have one as part of your contract if it is not already done as part of your immigration somewhere on the website.

In that case you might be able to get just the £10 one from your local police station but if you are planning on going for PR as soon as possible then you will all need the £35 ones done for that so if you get that one done now it will last you for a year anyway and you won't need to re-do it

Guest guest17301
www.austhealth.com seem to do a reasonably priced plan. I've heard that nurses are asked to get health insurance as most come from countries which don't have the reciprocal agreement and i know of a few nurses who actually haven't bothewred, although i think i would be happier getting a plan of some sorts

I have been sent an email from my the hospital saying that I need to show proof of having appropriate cover or I will be in breach of my contract. The hospital sent me a link to Medibanks (expensive) policy and say I am free to use any provider but the policy must be similar in terms of what is covered.I don't mind this as we would prefer to be covered but most policies seem to cost around $350 a month! I know the Austhealth company do a much cheaper one and have varying levels of cover but I'm not sure if that will be acceptable?

Guest tandcmum
I have been sent an email from my the hospital saying that I need to show proof of having appropriate cover or I will be in breach of my contract. The hospital sent me a link to Medibanks (expensive) policy and say I am free to use any provider but the policy must be similar in terms of what is covered.I don't mind this as we would prefer to be covered but most policies seem to cost around $350 a month! I know the Austhealth company do a much cheaper one and have varying levels of cover but I'm not sure if that will be acceptable?

$350 per month is a lot of money per month, i presume that is for the top level cover and i would think the austhealth plans are a similar price for the top level cover. Once you have applied for PR and full medicare kicks in will you be able to drop the insurance?

I know someone who went to Cairns on a 457 and wasn't forced to take out any health insurance as she had a reciprocal agreement being from the UK

let me know how you get on

$350 per month is a lot of money per month, i presume that is for the top level cover and i would think the austhealth plans are a similar price for the top level cover. Once you have applied for PR and full medicare kicks in will you be able to drop the insurance?

I know someone who went to Cairns on a 457 and wasn't forced to take out any health insurance as she had a reciprocal agreement being from the UK

let me know how you get on

$350 will not probs be top cover, its because you are on a 457 thats why it is so expensive if the companies provide it some dont on a457 . Once you get pr the premiums drop dramatically. Sly buggas because they know they are in effect resonsible for your healthcare Mrs Braveheart told me that as there agent would have to pay for Billys treatment after the initial bit, or the agents insurance would have liability. I know Charlies did not ask for proof of insurance.

Mally

aka Turnip

Shame I'm not going to Charlies Mally...RPH want proof within 21 days of my arrival...will make things tight

Looked at the aust health site $300 + quarterly for family aint bad and remember to claim it on your tax so you get a bit back in July, we were quoted $350 for us 2 a month ok the others the basic thing but its all you need to keep the hossy sweet( turnin ozzy again) On tax save al your flight tickets and relocation costs nice little earner july.

Mally

Archived