Did anyone use a UK tax advisor prior to their move?

Guest slipshot

Guest slipshot

Chaps

I see many people out there quoting costs for them to handle your tax affairs prior to the move, but I also know that they seem to want a percentage of the money they get back. Thus, the more you earn the more you are likely to get back, yet they will have to do the same amount of work.

Therefore, I'd prefer to work with a UK tax accountant who understand the Australian side of things yet has a fixed fee.

Has anyone used an individual or company they can recommend and if so, how much did it cost you?

Thanks for your opinions and if anyone has anything else to add, it would be appreciated.

Slip

Guest oscars mum

Can recommend Alan Collett who we used earlier this year. I think he still posts on here, you may have to do a search for his contact details. Would definitely use him again.

Guest slipshot
Can recommend Alan Collett who we used earlier this year. I think he still posts on here, you may have to do a search for his contact details. Would definitely use him again.

Thanks - Alan did the visa for us, so he may well be a good option...

Chaps

I see many people out there quoting costs for them to handle your tax affairs prior to the move, but I also know that they seem to want a percentage of the money they get back. Thus, the more you earn the more you are likely to get back, yet they will have to do the same amount of work.

Therefore, I'd prefer to work with a UK tax accountant who understand the Australian side of things yet has a fixed fee.

Has anyone used an individual or company they can recommend and if so, how much did it cost you?

Thanks for your opinions and if anyone has anything else to add, it would be appreciated.

Slip

Aussir tax geezers charge about $100 going rate, tried contacting companies tax dept berfore and when we got here &&&^^%$ did not answer and think I`ve made a costly mistake

Mally

Thanks - Alan did the visa for us, so he may well be a good option...

We are now offering to complete and lodge UK Revenue form P85 and to seek the tax repayment that often arises when this form is submitted with the P45 from the last employment as a free add on service to all our visa clients. You may well receive a separate email in this regard, as I gave my PA in Southampton details only yesterday, and have asked her to communicate the same to all our visa grant clients since the start of 2008.

Feel able to send me an email if you would like more details: alan - dot - collett - at - gomatilda - dot - com

Best regards.

Archived