LG Television No Colour!

Guest Hezza

Hi Everyone

I have just had Austar installed.The television we bought in Australia works fine but our year old LG LCD HD TV which we brought with us from the UK gets a picture and sound but no colour. any suggestions please?

Hezza

Guest slipshot
Hi Everyone

I have just had Austar installed.The television we bought in Australia works fine but our year old LG LCD HD TV which we brought with us from the UK gets a picture and sound but no colour. any suggestions please?

Hezza

Running it via an Aus spec VHS player will provide an opportunity to use the tuner, which will not help here since you are using Austar, and getting a picture and sound. And given you have a new TV you know the system is working, so it's something in the TV itself.

Firstly, go into the menu and play with the colour - and see if on max colour setting you get anything at all?

How are you connecting to Austar - via a SCART lead or some other format?

Als9o, do you have a DVD player from either UK or Aus - connect this via SCART (if a UK DVD player it will definitely have a SCART) and see if you get colour on the TV then?

My thoughts are the TV is knackered and that the colour will not appear no matter what the source. Thus you need a different source (such as a DVD) to see if you get any colour or not. If you do, then the TV is fine and it's the Austart setting.

Incidentally, SCART leads have lots of connections and sound and colour can be affected if the lead is not perfectly pushed in at both ends - so try this as well...

Hope this helps.

Guest slipshot
There have been a few of these posted on POI in recent months. have a look at Robert's reply on http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/22561-tvs-will-they-wont-they.html#post301909

hope this helps :) I'm hoping mine will work too!!!

Sorry - but what you refer to is a different issue to the OP.

There are many threads on how to get TV's to work in Aus and they can all be made to work, but not having colour is a TV problem and not a compatibility problem...

Running it via an Aus spec VHS player will provide an opportunity to use the tuner, which will not help here since you are using Austar, and getting a picture and sound. And given you have a new TV you know the system is working, so it's something in the TV itself.

Firstly, go into the menu and play with the colour - and see if on max colour setting you get anything at all?

How are you connecting to Austar - via a SCART lead or some other format?

Als9o, do you have a DVD player from either UK or Aus - connect this via SCART (if a UK DVD player it will definitely have a SCART) and see if you get colour on the TV then?

My thoughts are the TV is knackered and that the colour will not appear no matter what the source. Thus you need a different source (such as a DVD) to see if you get any colour or not. If you do, then the TV is fine and it's the Austart setting.

Incidentally, SCART leads have lots of connections and sound and colour can be affected if the lead is not perfectly pushed in at both ends - so try this as well...

Hope this helps.

scart leads wots them mine are redundant here

Mally

Archived