is an individual application effective for the 457 partner visa?

Guest nessaba

Guest nessaba

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this, hopefully someone can help me out with some tips.

My husband recently got a 457 Visa and he did all his applications within Australia as he was already there on a multiple entry visa. He now wants to add me on to his visa as a spouse. We have all our documents in place, marriage certificates etc. So now we are ready to apply for me to be added on to the visa as well. What we were wondering though is that is it more efficient to use a migration agent to lodge my application? Or can i do it myself online?

Are there any disadvantages to doing it individually?

Also, won't it take more time to process if i do it by myself? We are hoping it will be approved soon.

Our funds are not permitting at the moment for us to use the agent which is why we want to find out if an online application done individually is effective. I am currently leaving outside of Australia.

Thank you

Nessa

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Nessa and welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

There's no need for you to use a migration agent if you don't want to and you will not be disadvantaged (as far as I know!) in the visa process for not having a migration agent.

You just need to be detailed and thorough in everything and make everything clear and accurate so to not lead to any confusion.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon to offer you some more advice...!

Lots of Luck with the application!!!

Dan xx

Guest nessaba

Thanks Dan.

If anyone else can advise me as well, id appreciate it. I also wanted to know...who does the application? Is it me or the primary holder of the visa? On the site I noticed though that I can do it myself.

Please assist.

Nessa

Archived