Changing Jobs whilist waiting for visa

Guest Thilosh

Guest Thilosh

Hi All

I need some advise. I have applied for 176 relative sponsored visa. My skills and 2 years experience is required to get points. I have 10 yrs exp in my field and have been with the current employer for almost 8 yrs. I want to change jobs now and am looking at working on a temp basis in the same field. Do you think changing jobs now will affect our application. I am certain that if the current employer is contacted I will get good references etc...and my manager is aware that I am emmigrating.

Before I make a bold move would like to know that it is the right move.

Regards

Thilosh

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Thilosh

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I'm not a migration agent so I am not 100% sure about this. I am about 95% sure that it is OK to change jobs after the visa application has been submitted. It does not affect your eligibility for the visa.

However at the time of submitting the visa application you would have said that your current employer is A.Co Ltd. My guess is that if you switch to B.Co Ltd it will probably be sensible to complete and submit Form 1022, just so that DIAC can see that you have taken the initiative in keeping them full informed about yourself and your circumstances at all stages of the process:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

Best wishes

Gill

Guest HappyBunny

Hi Thilosh

Gill's right as always. My OH changed jobs after we submitted our visa application (it was same job and same hours, just different employer). As well as submitting the change of details form we had to send a copy of his job offer and contract of employment and his first pay slip. We didn't have any problems at all.

Archived