Starting A Company in Oz ?????

Guest James.S

Guest James.S

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone out there in the land of PIO, has got any useful informatin regarding starting a business in Oz... what's involved / required?

I am very soon to be in NSW under the 175 as an electrician, i have in the UK a company doing design and build projects, extensions, conversions and other general building works.. I would like to put together the same sort of thing over there as becoming a self employed electrician is looking quite drawn out!

Any advice most welcome... :hug:

James...

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone out there in the land of PIO, has got any useful informatin regarding starting a business in Oz... what's involved / required?

I am very soon to be in NSW under the 175 as an electrician, i have in the UK a company doing design and build projects, extensions, conversions and other general building works.. I would like to put together the same sort of thing over there as becoming a self employed electrician is looking quite drawn out!

Any advice most welcome... :hug:

James...

Checkout "builders gold card" on NSW gov website. Had an Aussie mate studying for it once. Sorry, don't know any more than that!

The use of a family trust with a corporate trustee is commonplace in Australia, even with small businesses, in a way that is not found in the UK.

=> Don't simply dive in and set up an Australian company with all shares owned by you, or even owned by you and a spouse/partner. Consider discussing your plans with an accountant who knows about Australian business and tax issues. An hour or two of the accountant's time ought to be money well spent.

Best regards.

The use of a family trust with a corporate trustee is commonplace in Australia, even with small businesses, in a way that is not found in the UK.

=> Don't simply dive in and set up an Australian company with all shares owned by you, or even owned by you and a spouse/partner. Consider discussing your plans with an accountant who knows about Australian business and tax issues. An hour or two of the accountant's time ought to be money well spent.

Best regards.

Just subscribing to this thread to as I'll be heading to NSW in the new year and setting up a business too! Good luck James!

Zoe xx

Guest James.S
Just subscribing to this thread to as I'll be heading to NSW in the new year and setting up a business too! Good luck James!

Zoe xx

No probs Zoe... what sort of business are you looking to set up??

James...

Guest James.S

Best regards.

Thanks a lot for that, i will definately source a good accountant, i know how to structure a company in this country in side out, but just from my initial looking into the different structures in Oz, the different choices are all quite daunting...

:unsure:

James...

Will subscribe to this thread as well. The Small Business Development offer great courses for startups. FOr me it is the first 6-12 months that follow that is a challenge- i.e building trusted business relationships across culture differences. Seeking the path of least resistance, I try to find out about business networks in Perth.

Archived