Second hand car 'v' Rental cars

Guest stokebloke

Guest stokebloke

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any clues about the prices of second hand cars in perth. Is it the same as here in the sense loads to choose from or is it a bit more difficult.

Or is it a better bet (probably not cheaper i know) to have a rental car for a few months and try and negotiate a better rate with having it for say 3 months! Also anyone have any clues regards the price per week/month etc, we would be looking for a family car for 2 adults and 2 children and baby bump on his way!

I am lucky enough to have a company car once i arrive, but thinks its a nissan pick-upy type thing so not really an ideal family car.

Can we rent a car on our british driving license or do we need to get an international version of the same.

Cheers and thanks for reading

:frown:

Guest slipshot
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any clues about the prices of second hand cars in perth. Is it the same as here in the sense loads to choose from or is it a bit more difficult.

Or is it a better bet (probably not cheaper i know) to have a rental car for a few months and try and negotiate a better rate with having it for say 3 months! Also anyone have any clues regards the price per week/month etc, we would be looking for a family car for 2 adults and 2 children and baby bump on his way!

I am lucky enough to have a company car once i arrive, but thinks its a nissan pick-upy type thing so not really an ideal family car.

Can we rent a car on our british driving license or do we need to get an international version of the same.

Cheers and thanks for reading

:frown:

To answer your questions...

All of Australia has strong second hand prices, but you need to add on costs such as registration, tax etc when you buy. So that has to be taken into account.

And then, of course, you can sell it when required.

A hire car will cost you more since although there will be long term deals, you may find the fact you hand the car back with nothing to show makes a difference.

All depends on how much money you have to spend on a second hand car - if it's $3000 then maybe better to hire and with your family safety in mind, a hire car will be very new.

If it's $15,000 you'll get something a lot better. Check out drive.com.au for examples, or carpoint.com.au for others. Gives you an idea anyway...

You can rent on your UK license without an issue...

Have you a wedge to buy one . If its the nissan navar crewcab ( front and back seats ) youll be fine, kids play up shove em in the back lol. Dont much about rentin but cost us 200 bucks Ithink for a week and if you get a deal theres the damage clause and with these clowns over here could be pricey have a look what type of ute ypur firms supplying. You can get a cheap motor not much to look at but bit pricey we first looked a 88 mirage hyundai or summat 180000 cliks on the clock $6000 and with 150000 kliks or 3 years warranty

Mally

Archived