Thinking of being a truck driver

PommyPaul

Been trying to weigh up what would be the easiest thing to retrain in and the idea truck driver sprung to mind.

Spoke to a training company on the sunny coast and they do a one day course with the test at the end of the day for $850

Thats for a heavy rigid license.

Is there anyone in the trade over here? is it an easy trade to get into over here?

Guest JoanneHattersley

I think there have been a few threads about this, I am pretty sure that Gill (Gollywobbler) had a thread running about this and I am sure that there would have been some information on there that would be of some use.

Do a search on the threads.

Guest Working to fish

Good idea paul ,will keep an eye on this thread to see the out come.

I was thinking about starting again with the :policeman: but will have to wait another 3 years for citizenship :sad:

eddie

I had a little look on the jobsearch website and there does always seem to be a few truckie jobs going and if you do the heavy rigid test that allows you to drive any bus even the huge double deckers and there seems to be a few bus driver jobs about.

::: Aetech Heavy Vehicle Driver Training :::

These are the people i'm talking too at the moment who do the one day course for $850 including the test at the end of the day.

Only worry i have is gearboxes, if you do the test in a truck with a normal syncromesh box you have a restriction put on your license and you can't drive the big bad american style trucks with the crash boxes so i'm going to have a chat with them again monday to make sure their truck has the right gearbox.

If not, these Coastal Heavy Driving School advertise as training for an unrestricted license, just a bit further to travel for the lessons.

Archived