How to cope with the humidity

Guest ellie2

Hi there.

Just wondering how you all cope with the humidity in Qld, been here 10 months now and thought I was on the way to being acclimatised, but how wrong was I, Its been so humid and I feel I am not coping at all with it, been sitting here tonight with air con on for 4 hours and its lovely but as soon as its switched off its to bloody hot again :arghh: is it just me or does it effect you all.

Christine

Guest Working to fish
Hi there.

Just wondering how you all cope with the humidity in Qld, been here 10 months now and thought I was on the way to being acclimatised, but how wrong was I, Its been so humid and I feel I am not coping at all with it, been sitting here tonight with air con on for 4 hours and its lovely but as soon as its switched off its to bloody hot again :arghh: is it just me or does it effect you all.

Christine

Lucky you we have been here 10 months and dont have air con , today and tonite it is bloody hot ,we have one ceiling fan in our main room ,not looking forward to going to bed soon

lol

eddie:arghh:

Lucky you we have been here 10 months and dont have air con , today and tonite it is bloody hot ,we have one ceiling fan in our main room ,not looking forward to going to bed soon

lol

eddie:arghh:

Feel for you Eddie,

Neither am I, its still 25 degrees and steamy, what I wouldnt do for a bit of frost at the moment, lol

Christine

Guest brooksey

Theres no way i could live without aircon. I'd rather have it than a pool or any other creature comfort. Its another way for kid and wife to waste money by having aircon on and door open:arghh:. Cut grass for a couple of hours this morning and lost about two stone of sweat. Somethings would be murder without it:Randy-git:

My approach has been to not have the air con on in the car however hot it is, even when stuck in traffic.

Leave the air con off at home untill the moment you goto bed, no matter how much you sweat.

Basically don't fight it and your body will eventually get used too it, it might take awhile though!

Also helps to be a manual labourer, i work 5 days a week in it from 7am - between 330-530pm, its not uncommon for me to drink 6 litres of water during the day and still feel thristy :)

My approach has been to not have the air con on in the car however hot it is, even when stuck in traffic.

Leave the air con off at home untill the moment you goto bed, no matter how much you sweat.

Basically don't fight it and your body will eventually get used too it, it might take awhile though!

Also helps to be a manual labourer, i work 5 days a week in it from 7am - between 330-530pm, its not uncommon for me to drink 6 litres of water during the day and still feel thristy :)

I think I would just die if I didnt have the aircon on in the car, how can you possibly cope with that!!!!!

I do try to only put the aircon on at night, during the day just sweat and have no energy to do anything, just hope that I eventually get used to it, but for the moment roll on winter!!!!

Christine

Guest Working to fish
I think I would just die if I didnt have the aircon on in the car, how can you possibly cope with that!!!!!

I do try to only put the aircon on at night, during the day just sweat and have no energy to do anything, just hope that I eventually get used to it, but for the moment roll on winter!!!!

Christine

And Sunday (tomorrow ) is the last day of spring (WTF) lol

summer is next ,omg ,lol

eddie:shocked:

And Sunday (tomorrow ) is the last day of spring (WTF) lol

summer is next ,omg ,lol

eddie:shocked:

And my daughters expect me to cook a full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings:nah: I dont think so!!!!!!!!!

Christine

Guest brooksey

Watching Wolves match on box. It looks foggy , damp and cold there. Give me humidity anyday. Mind you ask me again in a couple of months.

Guest earlswood
Watching Wolves match on box. It looks foggy , damp and cold there. Give me humidity anyday. Mind you ask me again in a couple of months.

brooksy, belive me you will pray for the weather in wolverhampton after a few weeks of humidity when you just can do nothing except sit in an air conditoned room...

Guest earlswood
don't let earlswood put you off, the muggyness can be nice, just soak it up and don't try to fight it.... you'll learn to love it :)

you are kidding pommy, everyone I know hated it when it was high humidity:no:

how can muggyness be nice...:huh:

its nice at given moments, no its not nice when you're fighting with the kids in the supermarket carpark.

Yes its nice when you're kicking back in the lounger near the beach.

The thing is this is where we live and if you're just hunting for negatives it'l drag you down and make you into a negative posting quiter

Theres no way i could live without aircon. I'd rather have it than a pool or any other creature comfort. Its another way for kid and wife to waste money by having aircon on and door open:arghh:. Cut grass for a couple of hours this morning and lost about two stone of sweat. Somethings would be murder without it:Randy-git:

DEE DAH WUSS cracked me up the thought of well not going there lol

Mally

brooksy, belive me you will pray for the weather in wolverhampton after a few weeks of humidity when you just can do nothing except sit in an air conditoned room...

How the F*** would you know Earls you were in Perth where it was dull cloudy and rainy all the year round . I would rather sit b*****k naked at the north pole than be in Wolverhampton

Mally

Guest guest17301
How the F*** would you know Earls you were in Perth where it was dull cloudy and rainy all the year round . I would rather sit b*****k naked at the north pole than be in Wolverhampton

Mally

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest earlswood

Mally

:yes: We wish you were there now mate.

And in between the rain showers it did get humid in Perth....bloody orrible it was to.

And my daughters expect me to cook a full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings:nah: I dont think so!!!!!!!!!

Christine

My mum never got over this dilemna for 50 years, she insisted on the whole deal every xmas. One day the family suggested we have a cold seafood buffet for xmas - her reaction was so bad that we never ever mentioned it again!!!!!!! We still have the full deal on xmas day, even though she's not here anymore. Old habits die hard.

Ceiling fans are the best, especially in bed at night, they are surprisingly cool on low with a sheet just over you.

We even have them here down south

Guest brooksey

I'll give Earlswood 6 months till he's back:yes:

As for Christmas dinner we've ordered a tukey buff(crown) and a piece of silverside. Karens going to cook it early morning then we're off to beach then eat it warmed up later in evening.

Did i mention it's my 40th on Christmas day:cry:

Archived