A380 airbus

deborah

Guest WARDStoOZ
what was it like i have heard mixed reviews?

Personally, I thought it was excellent! Couldn't fault Singapore Airlines and the A380 was something else!

Regards,

Dan xx

Guest julie2g1b

hi there we have just got back and flew there and back on the airbus with singapore and was fantastic they could not help you enough will always use them from now on........

julie :wubclub:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone used 'Economy Plus' ?

We are thinking of upgrading so that we can get a bit more room, as as well as us 2, we will have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old.

Is there enough room in std economy for a family to move about?

Guest WARDStoOZ

We are thinking of upgrading so that we can get a bit more room, as as well as us 2, we will have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old.

I'd say there's enough room but it depends on how much room you want and whether you're going to have enough of a break between the flights to stretch your legs...!

You get what you pay for I'm afraid...!

Regards,

Dan xx

Guest julie2g1b

we were in economy plus have a bad back so when we booked through netflight.com (was cheaper through them) i asked for extra leg room but they normally have children at the front, have a look at this site gives your seating plan of plane

SeatGuru Seat Map Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 (380)

have a look on here i sat row 32 a,b,c to lie down as the children and hubby had row 32 d,e,f,g..........i found these seats fab as more space plus you can stand up without disturbing people and walk around the plane.

also would recommend a night flight as can keep the children in more or less the same bed time we never heard a peep out of ours they are a lot older but enjoyed the movies and games i would advise to take some colouring books though as the boy near us who was 2 got board for about an hr but apart from that was good as gold as slept most of the time..

hope that helps a bit

i sat row 32 a,b,c to lie down as the children and hubby had row 32 d,e,f,g..........i found these seats fab as more space plus you can stand up without disturbing people and walk around the plane.

I guess what you are saying is, the flight was pretty empty, so you could spread out onto the empty seats?

How full would you say that the plane was?

Guest Paul_compy

I flew with Quantas once and will never fly with them again. They do the star alliance scheme with BA and some others so if the flight has spare seats they pile on a load from another airline and the flight is always rammed.

I ended up on a BA flight with the campest rudest bunch of arrogant flight staff I've ever met. Never again.

Last two times I flew with Singapore and they are excelent, No complaints at all!

Guest julie2g1b
I guess what you are saying is, the flight was pretty empty, so you could spread out onto the empty seats?

How full would you say that the plane was?

the plane was quite full would say only about 6/10 seat were empty which is not bad on a plane that size, but cause i asked at check in they just move people around i think. they are very helpful nothing is to much trouble for them, i was lucky with them that flight to get 3 seats to myself as was scared to ask going but will know for next time as the saying goes you dont ask you dont get.............

but they always put families with children at the front to give you more room.

Hi we are going on A380 airbus and have booked row 62 in the middle. Will we have enough room?

Jill

xxx

Is that the qantas airbus?

The good thing about qantas is that they allow the 40kg luggage allowance if you are validating your visa I think other airlines do anyone know about emirates (they have just got their airbus) or singapore re luggage allowance. Also what about reduced fairs for migrants?

emirites only give 20kg!! we booked and found out after that they dont give 4okg anymore to 1 way permanant visa holders!! if you join moving planet (on the net)(we did this the day after we booked and tried to change the booking) its free you can book emirates flights through them get a discount and 50kg!!free!! this doesn't help us 7 of us 1 suitcase each!! we tried to by email and phone but emirites wont change it it!! just our luck

emirites only give 20kg!! we booked and found out after that they dont give 4okg anymore to 1 way permanant visa holders!! if you join moving planet (on the net)(we did this the day after we booked and tried to change the booking) its free you can book emirates flights through them get a discount and 50kg!!free!! this doesn't help us 7 of us 1 suitcase each!! we tried to by email and phone but emirites wont change it it!! just our luck

thanks, just found the site but i am struggling to register, someting about needing a pin code!

Guest julie2g1b

hi regarding moving planet we had a free disc off john mason when we asked for shipping quote this has the pin number you need to sign up with, i would also look out at difference in prices as when we came to book through them was a hell of a lot dearer so thats why we went with netflight.com as got a good price plus cheaper car hire .......

when we flew were aloud 20kg each all 3 of our cases weighed 30 kg plus we had 5 hand luggage, lap top and my hand bag which was big and they where all full and these never got weighed on the way back you are also given an extra 5kg each

another tip is give yourself enough time from singapore to catch the next flight we thought we had at least an hr and half around duty free but the airport is so big we would have got lost if not for being taken in a wheelchair.........

hi regarding moving planet we had a free disc off john mason when we asked for shipping quote this has the pin number you need to sign up with, i would also look out at difference in prices as when we came to book through them was a hell of a lot dearer so thats why we went with netflight.com as got a good price plus cheaper car hire .......

when we flew were aloud 20kg each all 3 of our cases weighed 30 kg plus we had 5 hand luggage, lap top and my hand bag which was big and they where all full and these never got weighed on the way back you are also given an extra 5kg each

another tip is give yourself enough time from singapore to catch the next flight we thought we had at least an hr and half around duty free but the airport is so big we would have got lost if not for being taken in a wheelchair.........

Thanks Julie,

I see you are in derbyshire like us!!

So are you moving to Perth?

Have you validated your visa?

Just rung qantas and to get the 4kg you have to pay more for your flight so she recommended paying for xtra 20kg by having unaccompanied freight as it is much cheaper that way.

Debs

Guest julie2g1b

hi debs

yes live near swad thats were we have just been to validate visa as still can not sell house :arghh:been up since feb i just want to get over there now.......

loved it in perth very good for families kids will love it mine are 9 12 14 the two girls were not 100% but while there they have changed there minds and can't wait to go................

are you going to validate or going for good? have you looked on netflight yet for a price, a tip which we will do next time as only aloud same amount of lugage is only take lots of t-shirts and shorts 1 pair of jeans and 2 jumpers the rest will go in with the shipping, as when you fly out you will be wearing say a jumper t-shirt and coat.

as there are plenty of shops like bhs and woolies that sell clothes so if need extra will buy once there yes fair enough they dont have next or m&s but i found most of the shop's had everything you need, was so lead to believe they were all crap and not many around but there are.............

hi debs

yes live near swad thats were we have just been to validate visa as still can not sell house :arghh:been up since feb i just want to get over there now.......

loved it in perth very good for families kids will love it mine are 9 12 14 the two girls were not 100% but while there they have changed there minds and can't wait to go................

are you going to validate or going for good? have you looked on netflight yet for a price, a tip which we will do next time as only aloud same amount of lugage is only take lots of t-shirts and shorts 1 pair of jeans and 2 jumpers the rest will go in with the shipping, as when you fly out you will be wearing say a jumper t-shirt and coat.

as there are plenty of shops like bhs and woolies that sell clothes so if need extra will buy once there yes fair enough they dont have next or m&s but i found most of the shop's had everything you need, was so lead to believe they were all crap and not many around but there are.............

Hi Julie,

we are going to validate and stay!! We are going to rent out our house hopefully and I have asked for a careeer break from work so if it doesn't work out we have something to come back for.

We were considering Adelaide but we really fancy Tasmania (what you say) like the climate and the scenary and looks a great place for families to. Only thing is we may not get jobs!!

I think the hardest bit is deciding where to go because everyone has different reasons for going. Ours isn't partculary the weather although it would be nice to have less rain.

I know it would def not be Brisbane as the humidity and bigger creepy crawlies.

I fancied somewhere with distinct seasons which Tas has plus snow capped mountains (a bit like NZ but in Oz) also has the purest air and is a world heritage site.

Adelaide still tempted but has very hot summers.

Never really thought of Perth, isn't it expensive to live there? Does it have seasons?

Debs

Guest julie2g1b

we found it not as expensive as some people say it is food i found around the same some cheaper than uk some only slighly dearer but once you are there you stop compairing prices. we did a big shop filled our trolly over here would have cost about £140 but there at woolworths came to £90 but then depends what you get there is loads of choice with different prices just like here. houses are cheaper as alot bigger but have only done reaserch on perth it's a case of shopping around.

we wanted to have more family time together as well as nice weather as was so nice to go to the beach every night and watch the sun set while the kids swam, dont really think they have seasons as such think it's either hot rain and cool lol

Archived