Back from reccie/validating visa trip

Guest Supermidwife

Guest Supermidwife

Have just returned from our trip to validate visa's which we could really have done without financially, but had a great time. We stayed in Noosa which we have visited before but needed to do holiday things as well to keep the kids happy. just missed the bad weather and had beautiful hot sunshine with only one day of rain in 3 weeks! We tried to look at areas near Brisbane as well as further up the Sunshine Coast where we would love to be but depends on jobs. i have job offers at both ends of the coast but hubby trying to get work and thats the problem.Since we last visited there seems to have been a slight downturn in the economy, but again it depends on who you talk to. Hubby had had offers before of work in residential valuation but on this visit all companies said nothing doing as very quiet at the moment ,yet looking round housing developments things seem to be moving well. So he is now looking at project management which he has experience of and seems to be ok.

We visited a development called Peregian Springs which I really liked and would like to live if we could work in that area. Close by was Coolum which seemed very lively, great beach and good area for the kids with lovely park and picnic areas by the beach. We also looked at Buderim furtherdown and more in land (I think). Really lovely feel to the place. Good schools and close to the University. Shops were good although kids don't think on a par with England. Loads of family orientated activities, so a real possibility for us. We went in a shop there to get an ice cream and got talking to the owners who had moved there from South Africa 18 months ago and were really helpful giving us maps and talking about good areas to live. On the way back to the car hubby got talking to a brit who moved there 6 months ago and also loved it. People are so friendly and willing to help.

Also visited North Lakes closer to Brisbane and were really impressed by the facilities and the range of houses on offer. Lovely areas for the kids too and if hubby gets work around Brisbane that is a real possibility too as good access routes to uni for my eldest son, but at the other end there are also ggod kindy facilities for my liitle ones.

Could go on for ever but won't bore you, just loved Brisbane itself by the river and visited my daughters friend who lives in a suburb called Upper Kedron where we found a wonderful park for the littlies to play(but they are all great parks compared to ours).

The highlight of the hols though had to be sat on the beach at Noosa watching 2 dolphins playing in the sea, on a clean beach with lots of friendly people to chat to.

I think we recognise that it's not perfect and have had a bit of a wake up call on the job front, but I think it's certainly worth a try and cannot wait to sell this house and get there, and the nice thing is that the kids are still as enthusiastic about the move.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Great post Supermidwife...!

Glad you had a good time and hope you can get the house sold and leave soon!

Regards,

Dan xx

Thanks for taking the time to right your reccie down - sounds like you guys had a lovely time!

Loving all the areas you have mentioned too and it so hard to know where eventually to settle, as you say work plays a major factor!

Have you got your visa yet?

Thanks

Guest Supermidwife

thanks everyone, had our visa's since last may but just not sold the house! So as soon as a buyer materialises we'll be off.

Archived