anyone off to the central coast nsw,

hogan

hi we are new to this site, we are a family of 5, 3 boys aged 10.8.and 4 and we are off to nsw central coast next year when visa is ready and house is sold, anyone going that way or been, such a big step migrating but hey you can always come back if you dont like it, we just want a better life style for us and the boys, bye for now the gouge family

Hi and welcome to PIO, hope all goes well for you with the visa and house sale. We are hoping to go to Victoria next year, fingers crossed house is sold and we are just waiting for visa to come through, but like you say if you don't like it you can always come back to UK and start again

Tania X

Hi the Gouge family,

We are already here in Terrigal on the central coast, i have been here coming up 3 years & hubby on & off since 1994.

Nice place to live, if you need any help or info on the area just let me know

Good luck with your visa & house sale

stuju

hi, we where thinking of starting out in woongarrah or hamlyn terrace area, do you know it? what do you think because we have not been there so will be taking a gamble, i have a friend there but its hard trying to pick a good area

Guest littlesarah

Hello Hogan

I'm planning to go live that way with my husband next year (that's where he's from). It's a great area, although property's more expensive than further up the coast. But that's what you'd expect, given its proximity to Sydney.

I spent a year in the area, & I loved it! (Apart from all the tourists in the summer - but I'm just a miserable sod!)

Good luck

Sarah

have you decided exactly where you are going on the central coast, do you have your visa and are just waitibg to sell your house, houses are taking such a long time to sell we are putting ours up for sale in early feb good luck

Guest littlesarah

We'll be in the Gosford area - we'll probably stay with his parents til we find somewhere to live.

I don't have my visa yet - but do have CO. Our house has been on the market since August, but no joy yet - all viewers have said they really like it but no-one's put in an offer. If all else fails we'll rent it out, and as soon as I get my visa we'll book our flights. Hurrah!

Sarah x

hi, we where thinking of starting out in woongarrah or hamlyn terrace area, do you know it? what do you think because we have not been there so will be taking a gamble, i have a friend there but its hard trying to pick a good area

Hi,

Woongarrah & Hamyln Terrace are up & coming areas, they are very cheap for land & to build massive properties via one of the many builders up there. There is a Home Zone there which has approx 100 properties which you can go round & all are different styles of properties to choose from to build.

There really isnt much there at the mo & in years to come will be a buzzing area but at the mo is just mainly properties. (we have 2 set of older friends that live there & one lot has just built a property there)

The nearest shopping center to there is Lakehaven (which is only a small shopping center) approx 20 mins drive from the beach, approx 1.5 hrs from Sydney & 3/4 of an hour from Newcastle.

Approx 30 mins from where we live in Terrigal, to be honest its not an area i would want to live in as its a bit deserted there but everyones different - you may like it there.

All the best

stuju

Guest aussie roy

My brother lives at Blue Haven,in fact he has spent most of his time,19 years, here in Oz on the Central Coast.His first stop was Gosford and while his wife took some time to settle,his three boys just loved it. My eldest daughter lives in Newcastle,just up the road and I will be staying with her and her family from tomorrow through to Saturday. A lovely part of the country the Central coast and the Hunter,nice to visit but I'm set in my ways and quite settled in the ACT where the biggest part of my family live.Anyway Hogan all the best when you eventually arrive.

thanks stuju, as we dont know the area can you recommend any areas, we have friends in hamlyn terrace so not a million miles away from there, we have 3 boys under 11, i like having things to do and enjoying the good weather, maybe hamlyn maybe to boring for us

Archived