Birth Certificate Issue

Guest pringles

Guest pringles

I'm applying for a 457 visa, I have all the other documents but am missing the birth certificate. Can I get it without the certificate? Will a passport be enough?

Please help!!

Guest pringles

Thanks Melpaul,

It's for a 457 visa. I recently tried to buy one online, but they contacted me saying that they couldnt locate it?? I've contacted the registry but they said it will take them upto 8 weeks to find out whats happened. I am meant to be in Australia by Mid january...

Is there anyway around this?

Guest deborah76

hi Pringles,

i'm just sorting out all of my documentation too, isnt it a mare! you should be fine if you havent changed your name however if you are now married or have any other name on any of your documentation then you may have to have to have it to verify your change of name. good luck. xx

Guest Lou.ise

Hi,

Cant you make an app at your local Births,deaths registration office? Thats what we did to get a replacement birth cert for my other half. It only took 20mins and we had new one in our hand. The cost was £7.00 the online agencies are more expensive and take longer.

Lou.

Guest OldiesRUs

Make sure you are applying for the certificate from the correct registry office. It has to be the registry office where you were born. If you now live in a different area, your local registry office will be able to give you the address of the correct office and will give you the form to send off. We did this and we had the certificate within 4 days. Still only cost £7.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Pringles

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You need to be talking either with the General Register Office or with the Registrar of Births, Marriages and Deaths in the district where you were born. Do not bother with the Agencies who say they can get birth certs etc for you. Half of them are just parasites and the other half are into using the information for identity frauds.

The GRO website is here:

General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths

Records of births do not "go missing." If somebody's birth has been registered then this simply cannot happen. Therefore I am very suspicious of the story about an alleged glitch in the system, so I wonder whether you have been talking with an agent rather than with the Registrar General's office?

If there really is a problem at the GRO then it is up to them to send you an e-mail explaining what has gone wrong at their end and what they are doing about it, so explain that you need that e-mail in connection with an application for an Australian visa and insist that the e-mail is sent to you straightaway. Thump the table and insist on speaking with the Manager of the Births section if necessary.

Then do a Statutory Declaration explaining what has happened, and attach a copy of the GRO e-mail as an Exhibit to the Stat Dec. That will solve that problem and a solicitor will then charge £5 to administer the Stat Dec. DIAC will accept the Stat Dec and the GRO e-mail, but they will insist on the Stat Dec so you can save time by cracking on with that.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest pringles

It was one of the agencies I was using. I went onto a website that you suggested and have ordered it from there. Should be okay now :D

thanks for all the advice!

Archived